1930 Bb Mack

Hello, As the topic say's it's new to me. I have purchaced a 1930 BB 21'ft fire truck/pumper,this is my first adventure with truck's & I will be needing help from time to time, My first task is to find some missing part's. At some time from 1930 somebody swaped out the rear axle from a two wheel to a four wheel, a duely I think they call it, they added a large tank to the back wiich I have removed & I want to return it to it original form. I would appreciate any suggestions on this, I would like to talk to anyone who has such a vehicle, My other needs are a pair of 11"3/4 inch head lamps ,sombody liked the original ones and took them with them, this is a lot of chat for my first attempt,reply are welcome.Thomas, England U K       

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Hi Thomas;

First,welcome to the Forum! :WELCOME:

I'm afraid I can't offer much help on your search as my experience,limited as it may be,is basically related to my 1945 EH model. I'm relatively sure the Mack headlights from that era were pretty universal,so it should be possible to find what you need from any of the Mack trucks from the mid 20's up to the mid 30's. One thing that'll help more than anything else will be to post some good pictures so we can see what you're working with,and I'd recommend contacting the Mack Truck Museum with the serial number from your Mack,and ask for the information packet. A generous donation will help keep their assistance and their incredible knowledge of Mack trucks available to all the old Mack owners.

Your truck was probably swapped to a duallie rear axle to increase the load capacity for the added on tank.

Another possible resource for restoration instruction,information and parts might be the National Auto Museum,at 10 South Lake Street,Reno Nevada (don't know the Zip code for it,sorry),phone number's listed as (775)-333-9300. I hope this does you some good.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

• 1 month later...