1993 MH E9

fullfuel01

Thanks for the help selling kscarbel!!

That is the sad part of the V8..

The sad story of the Mack V-8 is that Volvo killed the planned electronically-controlled E9 in favor of their D16.

The MH Ultra-Liner was the most advanced truck that Mack Trucks ever produced. In a manner of speaking, a second generation Ultra-Liner II should be in production today commanding an impressive market share in the global market.

Your truck is cherry, and it has the 450hp E9, Maxitorque 18-speed and air-ride. At $12,000, you're giving it away.

• Like 1

As said in another thread.... if that was a E9 Superliner it would be twice the price, or more, yet the same truck under the bodywork..!!!!

my cure for the E9 parts shortage... buy lots of used engines..!!!

BC Mack

If need be, one could buy a Scania DC16 V-8 as a replacement, which shares the E-9's 16.4 liter displacement, with ratings from 550 to 770 horsepower.

http://www.scaniausa.com/industrial-engines/

If need be, one could buy a Scania DC16 V-8 as a replacement, which shares the E-9's 16.4 liter displacement, with ratings from 550 to 770 horsepower.

What is the story on that? Could that realistically be done? Are they producing DC16 mechanical engines?

I know guys are converting old trucks to drive by wire, but has anyone tried that with a DC16?

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

think I'd go with the smaller, older, DS14..... 375hp is all I need and I like the sound of them better than later electronic engines, rougher idle.. :whistling: might fit in the frame easier too.

would it then be a... Macnia or a Smack???

BC Mack

post-10384-0-88683000-1453950309_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice thing about CAT parts is they're outsourcing production all over the world. 6 months ago I got an acert exhaust manifold made in Mexico, last month the same parts made in China. You never have to go too far to find disposable parts.

I just hope they keep manufacturing injector harnesses in Mexico, its nice to put a new one in every oil change. :icon_bs:

Only bad thing I see with the E9 is I can't afford to buy them all.

So woulda 93 MH. Have the electronic gov? And is that the original V8? Would factory be a 500hp version?

all I have electronic on my 93MH E9 500/inline pump is the tach, sender is by the flywheel

got to take a closer look at my 89 parts truck, it's a 500 with a V pump... just got delivered so haven't gone over it yet.

BC Mack