That looks good! What color is it?

What R is it?

Looks like a smaller engine one because of the shutter size. Every different R variation started with 1001. It is a piece of history but what one is it? My brother had the 1967, R719-1003 not the first but was close. It will never look like that R though, Very nice!!

Great job and a lot of work.

I think the first one was a prototype and built in 1961? it has the fiberglass hood formed around to cover the duct pipes for the air cleaner.All the early R models had shutters I think and the fake shutters on the outside

So was the truck in the pics above originally a tandem?

I believe when we were discussing the truck,this one was R607T1001

Nice job.

I recognized the color from living in Danbury

Awsome. Did the U model come out before the R model. I remember seeing one in upstate NY in 64/65 time frame.

Awsome. Did the U model come out before the R model. I remember seeing one in upstate NY in 64/65 time frame.

yes it did

• Like 1

The MACK emblem on the nose and the B style parking lights next to the headlights lasted for how long? Paul

Looks great. Nice attention to detail. Al

what a great looking truck!!!! That is so awesome that it is still around and still owned by the original owner.

So the U actually came out before the R?

Are there any books that go through they whole history of all the R, U and DM models?

• Like 1

The MACK emblem on the nose and the B style parking lights next to the headlights lasted for how long? Paul

I don't think very long. You hardly ever see them. I have wondered if it was just used on pre-production pictures and maybe the first 50 units or something like that?

I like the look!

• Like 1

If you ever held one of those cast script front emblems in your hand,it makes you wonder why they would try to bolt that to fiberglass? Those emblems have some weight to them. I do like the look of them,though. Those same emblems were used on the front of the M series off - road trucks. Al

• Like 1