My Mack fire apparatus photo album

GA_Dave

They would be used to haul water to a fire in remote areas that do not have water mains to use and no convenient large body of water near by. I've never seen a tractor trailer tanker like that. Usually they are twin screw longer wheel based units with a tank on board...I think.

• Like 1

Light water is a type of chemical foam used for hydrocarbon fires. Since it is apparently from a chemical company, although the door looks like it is the standard Memphis FD logo, my guess is it was used as part of an in-plant response for any incidents at the plant.

It is not a water tanker (or tender for you West coast types).

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

They would be used to haul water to a fire in remote areas that do not have water mains to use and no convenient large body of water near by. I've never seen a tractor trailer tanker like that. Usually they are twin screw longer wheel based units with a tank on board...I think.

Tractor drawn tankers have been somewhat popular in rural New Jersey (I know that's a strange concept but parts of northwest and southern Jersey are nothing but pine barren). They are also found in other extremely rural areas of the country where bringing water with you, and lots of it, is important.

Examples:

post-4725-0-78114800-1455118428_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

my fire co. in Florence ,n.j. ran the following, starting with a B model s/a with old oil trailer, then a B model

tandem ,then a R model tandem w/Chemical Leman trailer and now a International straight 3500 gal w/pump. the rural section has no hydrands. it is the second out in those areas and on the Interstate and Turnpike.

Tractor drawn tankers have been somewhat popular in rural New Jersey (I know that's a strange concept but parts of northwest and southern Jersey are nothing but pine barren). They are also found in other extremely rural areas of the country where bringing water with you, and lots of it, is important.

Examples:

attachicon.gifTD FD TANKERS.png

I remember one growing up on the jersey shore, I think it was from Jackson.