kscarbel2

The 2016 "Presidential Elections" Show

UAW president Dennis Williams asks GM: "How much profit do you need to make?"

I would ask the same of the UAW.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

how about 'As much as we can for the share holders!'
  • Like 1

how about 'As much as we can for the share holders!'

The Federal bail out had General Motors give the United Auto Workers union 17.5% of its common stock, $6.5 billion of preferred shares and a $2.5 billion federal backed note to finance a trust that will take over retiree health care costs. They are stock holders!

In the same vein, United Technologies subsidiary UTC Climate, Controls & Security announced on Wednesday to thrilled employees that it will relocate its Carrier brand heating and air conditioning plants in Indianapolis and Huntington, Indiana to Mexico.

Altogether, 2,100 American workers will lose their jobs.

Can you hear that "giant sucking sound", of big business-lobbied NAFTA draining millions of American jobs to lawless Mexico?

My boss has approximately 100 employees with drivers, shop and office personnel. I prefer working for a small company ( or for myself), although our business relies on contracts with big corporations like Ford, Nissan and Subaru. A small business owner is more in tune with expenses and waste. My boss and I get along well because, he says, I run my truck and think like an owner-operator. He notices and appreciates my efforts, and rewards me in kind.

As for Obummer care, my company has Blue Cross, but our cost is up this year too. The private insurance companies are subsidizing all the FREELOADERS.

• Like 1

I missed the first half of last night's debate...Reince Priebus has got to go. I mean seriously, why would you schedule a debate...in SOUTH CAROLINA of all places...DURING a Nascar race?

• Like 1

...but as for the "outsourcing" problem, it always pisses me off at election time when people ask politicians "What are YOU going to do to stop outsourcing?" Well, as long as there is a demand for CHEAP products made overseas, corporations will continue to use cheap foreign labor. When people start saying "I'm not going to pay $160 for that pair of boots made in China when I can buy this other pair of boots that were made here in America for $200", then companies will start making things here in America. If you want to buy a car, make sure the 1st number in the VIN is a 1. If it isn't, don't buy it. If there isn't a market for foreign-made vehicles, manufacturers will build them here. There really isn't anything a politician can do, because if you impose a tax on products made elsewhere and imported here, those countries will impose a tax on our stuff we are trying to export. We the people need to actively LOOK for products "made in the USA" and buy them whenever we have that option instead of "saving" a few bucks on something made in some 3rd world sweat shop that probably won't last half as long anyway. If the market demands "cheap", companies will provide it. If the market demands "made in USA", again, companies will provide it. When government attempts to artificially control the market by penalizing corporations when they try to satisfy market demands, we run into problems. Look for that "made in USA" indication on the products you buy, and buy American made products whenever possible. THAT is the best way to slow/stop the outsourcing of jobs. Need a new air conditioner? Make sure the HVAC company doing the installation knows you want a unit made in the USA. If enough people refuse to buy mexican-made units, suddenly Carrier's market share dries up and they rethink their decision as their "made in USA" competition starts replacing units Carrier might have otherwise sold. Money talks, and EVERY dollar you spend sends a message. Do you want "CHEAP"? Or do you want jobs in America?

post-1673-0-32590100-1455475313_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I will put my paycheck up against any teamster car hauler. They do get accessorial pay over and above what I get, but at the end of the week, I move twice as many cars and that is how shit gets done and my boss and I both make money.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

" Four more years of gridlock would only deepen America’s popular frustration."

From all I've heard and seen in the past few days  both in the streets and on BBC, MSNBC, FOX and CNN we are on the fine edge of a physical shooting revolt, with a few of HRC's promises put into law.  BBC, Polsat and China Today are all saying the U.S. is going to plunge into a  second bloody revolution in a few short weeks. A bit scary the the Europeans and Asians see that cloud forming.  Paul

Edited by 41chevy

it will be interesting for sure! as I live in a blue state thanks to the greater Seattle area. As I have travelled around the state in past months I have only seen a hand full of Hillary signs in an ocean of Trump/Pence  signs, but in the people I have talked to I cant find more than about 20-25% support for her here. So it might be a while before we join the national revolution,  my state may have its own to deal with!   

• Like 1

If you believe the elections show is real, if you believe that it's more than a stage play allowing Americans to think that they actually choose their leaders and thus their future (for the next 4 years), then how can such a system put forth two choices that most "voters" generally dislike?

Alleged polls indicate that most Americans are not enamored with Clinton or Trump. Okay........then why are Americans forced to choose between.......them?

In effect, the American people have NOT been professionally presented with any reasonable choice for president. How can that possibly be, if we have what at one time was argued to be the best governmental system in the world ?

Realistically speaking. American voters can't make a prudent and rational choice in these "elections".

That one candidate should be in prison rather than the White House, based on what we're told, and certainly with the Wikileaks revelations in mind, speaks volumes.

• Like 1

CNN Money  /  November 8, 2016

George W. Bush and Laura Bush did not vote for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, a spokesperson for the former president said Tuesday.

Instead, the Bushes left that section blank and only voted for Republican candidates in down ballot races.