Experience,--6.7 Ford Power Stroke

Red Horse

6 hours ago, j hancock said:

Looks Good!  Wish I was agile enough not to order running boards!

I'm still in my 30s so not completely broken yet. Girlfriend has complained a few times. I'm waiting on a company called Amp that sells power deployable running boards to update the electronics to work with the 2020s.

I had the AMP power folds on my old F350. They were nice and to my surprise they stayed working through my Canadian winters.

Only thing I didn't like is I was always in and out of my truck when it was not running, so I was always drawing on the batteries.

So I just got fixed aluminum boards on my F550 now.

That's a good looking truck cncFireman

Edited by Bullheaded

15 hours ago, cncFireman said:

Thread resurrection time. Ordered this in September and it arrived mid December. 2020 with the 3rd generation 6.7 and new 10 speed 10R140. Love it so far but I only have 2K miles on it. The new upgrdes make these a beast to drive. So far I am getting 15mpg according to the dash. 

_20200113_042833.JPG

_20200113_043022.JPG

Very nice-and what is your typical load?

It's just for recreational use. I'm not for hire. I don't have a CDL or DOT numbers. I'm not in the trucking buisness. I repair, troubleshoot and program CNC machinery in the aerospace industry for a living. It's just a toy and something to move and possibly retrieve future old iron with. I have some Macks, Federals, Acars on my wish list. The heaviest I've towed is just my mack with my F250 7.3 which is too small to pull larger loads safely etc. It's also my new daily driver as its so much nicer to drive than all my other daily beaters.