12 speed PTO

Superdog

• 1 year later...
On 1/8/2016 at 8:56 PM, Superdog said:

I'd guess side plate,he just needs to run the pump for his 2 line wet kit.

What did you get?  I am going to need one for my 98 R with 12 speed.  

On 1/9/2016 at 7:15 AM, fullfuel01 said:

Best way Mike is thr mack rear mounted pto. It connect on a countershaft on the back of the transmission

Where do you find that style?

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

2 hours ago, thomastractorsvc said:

I crawled around mine it looks like it had a side mount one before and the back of the trans is stamped pto and some other markings by the lower center cap on the rear of the transmission 

pull the countershaft cover and check to make sure you have a internal spline

I used the Newstar pto that was on mine for my wet kit. But it was previously used to run a Tuthill blower for unloading fracking sand tankers. It spins fast at 160% of the engine's rpm. My pump is remote mounted and uses a driveshaft.

Do you know the optimal rpm speed for the pump's maximum flow? That will tell Chelsea or Parker, or whomever you deal with what size and speed you need. And it will tell you when you're approaching over speed of the pump. I'm sure you can Google the numbers and get all the specs on the pump.

We ended up having to size a Parker pump that fit the pto speed. 21gpm @1600 rpm.  I'm lifting a 235 inch stroke 5 stage dump cylinder. It goes up pretty effortlessly with a 20 ton load at 800 engine rpm. Which is about 1300 rpm on the pump.

All of this may have absolutely no particular bearing at all on what you're doing. It was just the experience I had because I was matching a pump to existing pto.

Edited by Flat Work

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, terry said:

I believe it has to have a splined counter shaft.   terry:D

You are so correct Terry. Please Let me rephrase.....  :D

Thou shall remove a Mack Rear mount PTO from a Six (6) speed Mack transmission and thou will re install on a Mack twelve (12) speed Transmission when the Mack twelve (12) speed transmission has the appropriate splined counter shaft already installed. Mack Six (6) and twelve (12) speed transmissions with provisions for a Mack Rear mount PTO  most often are marked with a stamp on the rear most counter shaft cover. A stamp may include the letters P T O or simply a X as designation that the transmission is so equipped for a Mack style Rear mount PTO.:P

• Like 1

• 4 years later...