If the Oregon militiamen were Muslim or black, they'd probably be dead by now

kscarbel2

And the baby and mother at Ruby Ridge attacked agents with a fully loaded diaper.

Don't fully believe either side. One was stupid to run and the interview with the agents, strike me as trigger happy. The quote that "they'll think twice before they 'F' with us again" from a blurred face LEO gives me that impression.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

ABC News / January 28, 2016

"Any time someone takes off with a vehicle away from law enforcement after they've exercised a stop, it's typically considered an act of aggression, and foolish," he said.[/.

I agree it's foolish to run from the cops but what really irks me is the double standard. If you're black you can reach into a police car, try and grab the cops gun after not complying with him, showing definitively an act of aggression and the media is non stop 24 hr Leo bashing. But if your white and you get shot while being unarmed the media makes up the story to sound like something totally different.

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I heard the shootout was one-sided...the ranchers weren't even armed in the vehicle. Hope that cop is brought up on charges if that is true...or does rioting, looting, and cities being burned have to occur? Funny how the "justice system" works in this country...

The government conveniently put out to the media that there was a "shootout," when in reality only the agents fired their weapons and the other side was unarmed.

Of course the media lapped it up.

ABC News / January 28, 2016

The FBI released a video late Thursday showing the fatal confrontation between one of the Oregon militia members who was occupying a federal wildlife refuge and officers.

The footage, which came from an FBI plane, showed officers in pursuit of a truck with several people in it, including the group's spokesman Robert 'LaVoy' Finicum.

At one point, the truck weaves around a roadblock and gets stuck in a snowbank and agents give commands for nearly four minutes of the occupants to surrender, the FBI said.

According to Greg Bretzing, the Special Agent in Charge of FBI Oregon, Finicum got out of the vehicle and reached his right hand towards a pocket on the inside of his jacket, where he had a loaded 9mm gun. He was shot at that point.

The FBI said it issued aid to Finicum and found three other loaded weapons inside [the vehicle].

(The Ammons clan lied to the media about the men being unarmed. Every picture of these self-proclaimed militiamen from the beginning showed them with weapons at their side, so it’s to be expected that they were in fact armed.)

According to the FBI, one person left Malheur Wildlife Refuge through a checkpoint Thursday morning. Four others remained.

The release of the video came as new details emerged about the arrests that were made in the case as the standoff continues.

Authorities had been waiting for the leaders of the occupation to leave the federal facilities, and on Tuesday were told that some members would be on the move.

Two vehicles with nine militia-related individuals inside were identified and pulled over.

Authorities got out of their vehicles to make arrests, when one of the suspects’ vehicles -- a full sized four-door truck -- sped away.

But authorities had already set up a roadblock to stop any escape.

The driver of the speeding truck apparently saw the roadblock at the last minute, veering off the road and hitting a snow bank.

Finicum exited the truck and was told to surrender.

He was moving his hands up and down, but he was not complying. At some point, Finicum was seen reaching for his waistband, which was viewed by officers as a threat.

Another source said that Finicum was seen reaching for a gun multiple times.

That was when officers fired at Finicum. The shooting was caught on tape by a law enforcement camera.

Ryan Bundy, 43, of Bunkerville, Nev., suffered a minor gunshot wound in the confrontation about 4:30 p.m. along U.S. 395. He was treated and released from a local hospital and was in FBI custody, authorities

said.http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/01/oregon_militia_standoff_shots.html

Apparently, this happened after Robert "LaVoy" Finicum was killed, and they were shooting into the truck at the end.

I find it odd they are compared to "terrorists" but they did not charge any of them with domestic terrorism, but thy did the Hammonds.

I read there were some other arrests of supporters in Nevada under the conspiracy charge.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

It seems the Victoria Sharp account matches the released FBI video. http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/update-new-details-emerge-about-lavoy-finicums-death-hes-like-just-shoot-me-and-they-did/

The Mark McConnell story is quoted a lot but his is really a third hand hearsay of the account. Not sure why if he was a armed body guard he was released and not charged.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

your choice of comparisons are poor and has no basis in facts muslims do not feed the people of the country , they want to kill them

, the only killing here was done by the government , they killed and american hero just as the minute men in concord warned

the people of a government invasion these men are trying to do the same , we have and out of control government that has invaded every aspect of every ones life ,ps the one killed was a foster parent to more than fifty kids over the years, white lives matter, the people that feed this country matter

• Like 1

service pro 66, I was just going to write about lavoy being a foster parent of more than 50 .....did you see any of the videos that were made at the refuge that were sent to face book and such?....I think lavoy got shot because he was going to get a following of "normal" tax payers behind him, he seamed to be cool headed and simply spoke of ,and showed examples of government waste, and lies. The bundy bunch needed a spokesman and lavoy was it. the bundys don't seam to be able to convey their message well, or explain it in a way city folk can grasp. we damn sure have a problem with the government grabbing land out west, I just wish we could get some help with this issue but the media twists every thing we say to make us look like renegades.i guess once our food no longer comes from our own country, and people hope they are eating safe food. maybe then they will have realized that the American rancher is actually their friend not their foe.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Reuters / February 11, 2016

Armed protesters who ended their 41-day standoff on Thursday at a wildlife refuge in Oregon told federal authorities they left behind booby traps but did not say whether the trip wires and other devices would trigger explosions, a law enforcement official told Reuters.

"They spoke to us about booby traps. We don't know how sophisticated or what kind," said the official.

Materials to create explosives could be found on the refuge, the official said, because workers there previously performed controlled burns of the land.

The official said law enforcement would use caution when moving into the refuge in remote eastern Oregon.

"There were materials that could be used to create hazardous devices, so it's just very prudent for us to do to that," the official said.

The final four occupiers left the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge on Thursday and joined 12 other occupiers to face federal charges.

The takeover, which began on Jan. 2, was sparked by the return to prison of two Oregon ranchers convicted of setting fires that spread to federal property in the vicinity of the refuge.

The armed protesters, originally led by brothers Ammon and Ryan Bundy, were known to be heavily armed and resistant to the federal government.

Ammon and Ryan Bundy were arrested on Jan. 26 and have since called for protesters to leave.

Their father, Cliven Bundy, flew to Oregon on Wednesday to support the movement but was arrested at the Portland airport on charges stemming from the 2014 standoff on his Nevada ranch.

The official said law enforcement arrested Cliven Bundy at the airport because they knew he would be unarmed and the charges against him were ready.