1973 mack fs700l

jettertrucks

Glad that was all it was. Yes, they do sound good, like a small block version of an E9. Mine has just a little lope at idle if it is not in 4 or 5th gear and the splitter in neutral, just a little drag and it smooths right out. I like the slow lope only about 50 rpm's difference but noticeable. I didn't have leaking injectors but I have had to weld a few leaking injector lines, no new ones from Mack anymore. They make a mess in a hurry only way I knew was it was loping a little more than nornal... and the big puddle under it... LOL

Put that old V8 to work.... just baby it, parts aren't around like they use to be.

• Like 1

you wouldnt know where i could come up with an electrical diagram?im getting ready to go through all of that,i also noticed it has the evaporator in the hump with heater core but its unhooked,going to see about checking it out for leaks and re connecting it,

• 3 weeks later...

as of now,ive replaced the cab lock cylinders,replaced the small v shaped latch assist spring on bottom of right side latch with one sold at ace hardware,hydraulic hose going to right latch replaced,re position cab jack in bracket,swap tanks from right to left,positive grounded alternator rebuilt,replaced the primer pump on the injection pump,part# AMBAC INTERNATIONAL #MP 404760,fits the Robert Bosch/united technologies pumps, remade the metal pieces in the cab clearance light which was completely rusted away,ive also ran a new 6 wire cord from front to back to fix the tail,brake and turn signals,and have a few extra wires left to hook up a backup light,alarm,located a aluminum fab shop in the next town over that can cut the tank and install a wall,2 inch threaded bung and vent cap for me,ive also got pricing and availability on a PTO/ pump combination with special adapter that fits the maxitorque 10 transmission, tracked down the exhaust brake system [Blue ox] that im using on the motor,ive also replaced the threaded rod running through the right morror as it was found dangling by one end the other day,and today im installing the pins to hold the battery covers still,spring on air hoses/trailer pigtail,

IMG_20160520_135814812[1].jpg

IMG_20160514_095456747_HDR[1].jpg