Vintage COE MACKS

The B-61 & CH you are thinking of Mike,belonged to John Hennes Trucking of Milwaukee. Ironically,the B-615 was pictured in my latest Teamster magazine, that arrived yesterday.I was going to mention Burch's Dunn Coal truck,but you beat me to it! Al

I was going to say Hennis,but I knew that wasn't quite right,Thanks Al. do you have any pics of it.?

I was going to say Hennis,but I knew that wasn't quite right,Thanks Al. do you have any pics of it.?

I will try to get them on along with some others tomorrow,Mike. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Bob Theimer also had a beautifully restored EHU or similar model. I only saw it once at Macungie next to his CH the year before his auction. Where did that end up?

I love that Dunn CH. I wish I had had the money for the Dunn AC when it sold last. It was only 10 miles from me, but he was asking $40,000 for it. (Actually I wish it was cheaper.) Now it is in Florida.

I finally got a copy of the July 30 issue of Old Cars Weekly that has a story about Macungie and mentions my H613.

post-7810-0-84848300-1451478425_thumb.jp

Maybe someone else can make it look less like a U model. Mike.

• Like 1

As I remember there was a very good DUNN AC offered for sale on here for 10 grand.

I might be wrong, it was some while back, maybe 3 years.

As for H65 and H69 I would say you well Mack-qualified folks kept a lot of silence - I have newer heard anything on this matter being on here for whole 5 years. And what is more strange, keeping my very attention to anything H-model related.

And I may add, I don't smoke and so on... :):)

post-3971-0-25947000-1451479750_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

As I remember there was a very good DUNN AC offered for sale on here for 10 grand.

I might be wrong, it was some while back, maybe 3 years.

As for H65 and H69 I would say you well Mack-qualified folks kept a lot of silence - I have newer heard anything on this matter being on here for whole 5 years. And what is more strange, keeping my very attention to anything H-model related.

And I may add, I don't smoke and so on... :):)

I remember that AC pretty much all original too. No extra money at the time to act on it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

H69 at casey's salvage in Buffalo NY

I didn't have time enough to walk all over that threasure planet.

If I saw that thing I might hang up there for some long while and not shure I'd go off without the deal done.

Seems too rough though.

I didn't have time enough to walk all over that threasure planet.

If I saw that thing I might hang up there for some long while and not shure I'd go off without the deal done.

Seems too rough though.

I had several pics of that H69 sent to my phone,it is really picked over and rough,but I'd sure give it a home here if I could.

• Like 1

Mike, is that tandem or a single axle?

I'm close to promise to myself to not drool over purchasing any more trucks until I end up with at least one completely restored but sometimes it's difficult to withstand.

• Like 1

I remember that AC pretty much all original too. No extra money at the time to act on it. Paul

On my mind it was the best offer on a AC I ever heard.

It had the most or all of the original paint.

• Like 1

I have 2 H-653's. One was sold new to CF for trial runs with triples in Oregon. i was told by Ken Self of Freightliner fame that it was the shortest BBC with the highest horsepower of any other model at the time. The factory shows it as a 57 and notes the changes made to accommodate CF's requirements. It was resold by Mack but now as a 1959 to Haney truck lines in Portland, Oregon who ran several other H-65's. The other H-653 was also a Haney purchased truck. Another company that ran them as tandems was Bruce.

• Like 2

1934 CH1934_Mack_CH_Semi-Tractor_f3q_B_W_zpsibh

1933 MACK jr 30MT1936_Mack_Jr_30MT_Semi-Tractor_f3q_B_W_z

1950's H-63195x_Mack_H63_COE_Sleeper_Semi-Tractor_f

1959 N1959_Mack_N_Series_COE_zps7sruvrfh.jpg

1953 H-60 H-65195x_Mack_H60_COE_Semi-Tractor_f3q_B_W_z

My dad drove for Werner Continental. He started with PPC and Continental bought them out and then Werner bought them and it was Werner Continental and then Halls bought them and I think it was Flying Tigers or someone bought them and then they went under. I know they ran B models when he started.

post-4354-0-84426000-1451697233_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Is Barton still around? haven't seen their trucks at Walcott forever. I about pissed down my leg the year they brought this one.

As far as I know,Mike. They brought this truck out to the Franklin Grove,Il. show last summer. Didn't see Barton. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Grandpa's looks to be an Mack EB. There was also an EC model. I think this is an EB model because it appears to be a fairly heavy unit.

EB built between 1936-41 with 134 units built. EC built the same years with 123 made.

Boss Man's is a D model Mack. Probably a 20 or 30 built between 1955-1958.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.