R600 Parts Truck

I am thinking of buying a 1980 R600 that had a cab wiring fire for parts. It has a ENDT675 (235HP) coupled to a Mack 5 speed. The old engine runs good and I'm thinking about shoehorning it into my old B20. I can get the whole truck fairly cheap, use what I need and part out the rest to recoup some of my investment.

Is the Mack 5 speed used behind the ENDT675 in these trucks an overdrive transmission, or is it direct in 5th?

What would it take to install a T2050 behind the ENDT675?

[/quote

Not too much trouble at all, I wouldn't think.

If for some reason the bell housing is different, you will be able to use the

original five speed bell housing, and that should be alright.

Check the input shaft diameter before buying the T2050, just to be certain it is the same.

Does anyone know any different?

And - would you be willing to cut the lower rear cab corners out

of the R cab and sell them?

I'm in bad need of a serviceable pair

Thanks,

Paul Van Scott

I first saw the 2050 in the mid 80's. I have 2 in stock at $500 each. Keep in mind these are very fast transmissions. .6 to 1 overdrive. That means if your truck now runs 60 mph at 2000 rpm, with a 2050 it will run 100 mph at 2000 rpm.

Ok, went and looked the truck. The engine sounds good, good oil pressure, etc. No intercooler or aftercooler the boost goes straight from the turbo to the intake manifold. The transmission has 1076 stamped on the side and Maxitorque emblems cast in, it also has a good PTO on it. I am assuming this is a TR1076 5 speed, which is direct 1 to 1 in 5th correct?

BTW Paul, the rear cab corners look solid.

The VIN starts out R685T

Edited by LocomotiveBreath

I first saw the 2050 in the mid 80's. I have 2 in stock at $500 each. Keep in mind these are very fast transmissions. .6 to 1 overdrive. That means if your truck now runs 60 mph at 2000 rpm, with a 2050 it will run 100 mph at 2000 rpm.

David, if I end up buying this thing, that .60 OD will be perfect with my 5.83 gears. $500.00 doesn't sound like a bad price either.

Locomotivebreath, I just did the math and I guessed at your tire RPM, that is tire revolutions per mile (I used 504, that's common for a low pro 22.5 tire) and I came up with 65mph @1909 RPM (engine) If you use a bigger tire, like a 24.5 your engine speed at 65 would be less, likewise a smaller tire would make your engine RPM be higher.

I hope this helps,

Good Luck

Dak49

Thanks Dak, I plan to use 11-22.5 rubber on the old dog. Here is a website I occasionally use that has some helpful automotive calculators. http://www.wallaceracing.com/calcmph.php

Another quick and easy to remember formula is mph x 340 x gear ratio / tire diameter = rpm

I have just about got the wife (warden) convinced to let me drag that R600 home long enough to get it parted out.

How much is a good used TR1076 with a PTO worth?