1976 R model 300 motor

raybing

Almost need a little more info, that old of a truck could have had alot of changes over the years, two stick is probably the old six speed. five speed with low, direct and reverse on the other stick. could be a full 300 or the old 285 series engine.

• Like 1

Looks nice. That power train has been babied if it has always been an R or RD686P. Check cab for bodywork. That would be my only concern with that era of R. Other than that,she looks like a peach. Good luck,Ray! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I went and drove it today. model R686ST-10644. listed as truck tractor with a lift axle. the johnson bar is still there

he swears was bought new as single axle fuel truck. possible the dealer removed 3rd axle.

Motor ENDT 676 I think Hp 285 that was hard to read.

The whole truck is in amazingly good condition.

EXCEPT: The transmission pops of of 3 rd gear under light load and throwout bearing somewhat noisy.

It does not steer very straight, does not pull, does not track well. possible king pins dry.

So what needs to be done to the trans? a 2 stick 12 speed?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Ray

I went and drove it today. model R686ST-10644. listed as truck tractor with a lift axle. the johnson bar is still there

he swears was bought new as single axle fuel truck. possible the dealer removed 3rd axle.

Motor ENDT 676 I think Hp 285 that was hard to read.

The whole truck is in amazingly good condition.

EXCEPT: The transmission pops of of 3 rd gear under light load and throwout bearing somewhat noisy.

It does not steer very straight, does not pull, does not track well. possible king pins dry.

So what needs to be done to the trans? a 2 stick 12 speed?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Ray

S means 6 wheel, T means tractor.