TORQUE ROD BUSHINGS

wilbur

hishI mean the ones that run from the rear end to the spring hanger. Atro makes a poly bushing,I was just wondering if any one has replaced just the bushing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hendrickson-Straddle-Mount-Torque-Rod-Bushing-P-N-47691-000L-Ref-Euclid-E-5275-/251909913029?hash=item3aa70039c5:g:-9MAAOxyRhBS4CNa&vxp=mtr#ht_1058wt_924

This is the bushing. If y

ou scroll down it gives a drawing of my suspension. This one isnt an Atro but Atro makes one.

I had my super liners re-bushed, they looked good but in the low side it wanted to hop and buck when you accelerated bobtail so I put the pry bar to them and they were a little loose, so I figured now is the time to do it before I painted the frame. I paid around $350 to have new polys ones installed at Inland Truck. The guy said when they pressed them out one of them was all rotted out in the middle.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I've tried and tried to install the bushings myself but always ended up tearing them up pressing them in. I'd suggest letting a dealer press them in.

Last time I had to do one on a W900 KW, it was only about $20 more to just buy the whole rod new.

That was not the case with one of mine I have one that was a replacement some time between 1978 and 2014 and was the kit weld together style looked liked hammered $hit so I was going to replace it about $150 more than the bushings so while it was out I cleaned it up and doesn't look so bad now

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."