AIR JUNCTION BOX

wilbur

I dont know the exact name ,but just to the inside of the coolant tanks there is a aluminum block with 5 or 6 push on fittings also the same inside the truck. Is there one made with the old style nut+ferrel fittings? Those push ons are a real pain,especially in tight spots. Its a 2000 CH SFA. Any ideas? There is one line leaking

I went through the trouble of changing that air manifold... Didn't do much good, still leaked afterwards. Not much of a leak to affect operations, but I always worried about DOT hearing air leaking. Be careful under the dashboard rooting around, too. The plastic brake light switches break off easily if bumped.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back in the summer, I was having some brake light issues. I decided to also replace the air switches. One of my air switches broke off in that manifold. I had to replace the manifold too. Make sure and take the time to label all the air lines on both sides, and any wires that go through there as well. I made pigtails for some of the lines that were harder to get to. Its cheap plastic so be gentle. There is only the plastic push-fit version for that part.

I haven't tried silicone. There are some poorly designed sharp things under the dash and around under the column. When mine messed up I was hauling grain from the field for one of the most respected families at church, so when I got mad I couldn't strut around like a banty rooster or cuss it. Just a lot of mumbling :)