237 flywheel?

Freightrain

Nothing.  This supposedly came from a fire truck if that matters?  The feed for air compressor is on bottom of water pump.  No other holes like on my old motor.  This having an oil cooler makes it slightly different set up.  Just curious if anyone has an r model with 237 to see where they route the hoses.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I opened a photo bucket account as I can only up load to the galley and it says I am 135% over my allocation.  Anyways, see if this works.  As you can see from the picture it runs from the waterpump housing up to the heater and returns to the manifold near the temp sender probe.

eng_zpslsc42af6.jpg

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Hmmm, ok.  Only problem is I have the 673 waterpump on it.  I have the fitting on the bottom of it, that is where the line goes to the head of the air compressor.  I do have a fitting in the top of the front manifold where I was going to hook one line(that motor just has a plug in it).  Just not sure of the water flow and where I would need to bring it back in? I have the temp sender in the same location as that picture.  I have the shutterstat in the same location also.

Larry

12 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Nothing.  This supposedly came from a fire truck if that matters?  The feed for air compressor is on bottom of water pump.  No other holes like on my old motor.  This having an oil cooler makes it slightly different set up.  Just curious if anyone has an r model with 237 to see where they route the hoses.

I can take some pics for you later today Larry.  I don't remember a line coming off the water pump. But not sure.

Keith 

The original 237 had the line coming off the bottom of the pump, going around the passenger side to the air compressor(just like the 673).  That I will reuse with my 673 pump.  The one heater hose came off the front/top of the water manifold and returned back into below that area(mine had no oil cooler).  I'd have to go look again to confirm.

The 237 manifold does not have a fitting in the front since it has the water filter set up on it.  Then the oil cooler does not have any fitting in the front either.

I'll get some pics and post them, likely tomorrow night.

Larry

Thanks Keith.  I'll have to do some checking tomorrow and see where I can tie into the waterpump.  I know I don't have room like that as the 673 pump is shorter and the pulley covers up most of the pump.

Image.jpg.614ac22f3131a274db73ed0a083c96

Pretty sure mine came off the casting(where the oil cooler is at) but my 237 doesn't have a fitting there(just like yours doesn't).

Where's Jim at??  Where did you tie your heater into on your 285?

Larry

Sorry, have the wrong answer for you.

The B75 has a longer hood than the B61 so the 285 water pump could stay in place.  Routing is pump to heater core back to the valve on the water manifold as pictured above. 

Heater?  You only race during the summertime....

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

On 2/9/2016 at 6:09 PM, j hancock said:

Hope it goes smoothly!

Hmmm.....wonder what the weather will be like the week after next....? Maybe a little warmer.

The weather wizards are calling for snow this weekend here on L.I.  and I'll be putting the third brand new Currie 9" housing in my Mustang. Hope this one is ok.  Had 1 tweaked in shipping and 1 sent with spring pads instead of 4 link ears.Got to run at ATCO on the 26th for the test and tune dial in.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The original line came back into the casting the water pump bolts to(which is now the oil cooler-see the flat spot on top of the elbow going to cooler).  I found a plug in the water pump to use.

IMG_20160316_215512_547.jpg

• Like 1

Larry