Keffer inc

Making a CH613 a SFA from a SBA? Could it be done?

I'm getting to the point of needing new springs, repainting my truck, replacing the fuel tanks (or repairing their dents). But with all the work in my future, I was thinking while I'm at it, how hard would it be to convert my SBA (Set Back Axle) to a SFA (Set Forward Axle)?

I know I need the 1.Hood, 2. Bumper, and 3. Shorter drag link (from the steering box to the steering knucle) And then move the battery and fuel tanks forward and add a second battery box on the pass side. And I'm assuming I can re-use my current steering axle? Am I missing anything?

It's not that difficult,the guy that bought my '99 CH has done several. I lost his phone# but his name is Joey Sherman,I know he used to check this site once in awhile.

I think the spring hangers have to be moved also. Also the oil pan might be different. Sounding like lot of money an work

i have done this to a few trucks it"s not that bad of a job to do everything just moves forward 18 inches. You wont need to add battery box to rigt side the air tank moves forward front axle is the same the oil pan needs to be turned around oil pump changed to rear sump. The pieces that bumper bolt to at the frame and top part that shock bolts to are different you will also need the front mud flap hangers and pieces they atach to. If you have any questions you can call me at 417 880 4862 Joey Sherman

So I would need to buy another oil pump (or pickup tube?) and turn the pan around? How much money did you put into the axle swap? My truck likely isn't worth more than $15,000.

Im bettin between new hood an painting,bumper an all the things you dont see now about half of that

your oil pump and pan are the same just need turned around. I didn't spend a lot doing mine but I just shopped around till I found a sfa truck in salvage yard and got my parts cheep.I think it was about 2000 for parts new back in 2011not including hood and bumper. I think I still have parts list and numbers I could fax you

Will try and get good picture of my truck and post it

Nice looking truck! Can you email the parts list to me? ankeffer17@aol.com Thanks. I think I want to do this, but I may get another truck first so I can keep running. How many hours do you think you had in swapping all the parts?

And I thought axle forward trucks used two battery boxes? optional?

And I thought axle forward trucks used two battery boxes? optional?

just on the Rawhides.,and both we had the RH one was empty

I will try and email you the parts list this week end. With a decent place to work and some good help I think you could do it in 3 days easy. And yes I do still have the 99 I got from you Mike

SF and SB

post-12413-0-26213500-1448630096_thumb.j

post-12413-0-57932600-1448630165_thumb.p

Probably not impossible but would be alot more work to make it look correct

• Like 1

Expensive nose job, and just as functional as a nose job.