MX70SX Prime Mover for sale - not mine

Ol2Stroker

Nice thing!

It's really cool if it will be saved.

Doesn't take a great space relating to bunches of equipment some of us used to have in the yards.

What is the trianble bracket under the frame in the center?

Was the chassis designed either for a dump truck and tractor?

Or is this one a conversion?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Saw this on FB and figured someone here may want it. She's a big girl!!!

http://northernwi.craigslist.org/hvo/5287648024.html

00w0w_5aphrUSy44I_600x450.jpg

00n0n_3xaiMAvlgRC_600x450.jpg

"HERES A 1976-78 MACK MX70SX PRIME MOVER HEAVY HAUL TRUCK, POWERED BY 750hp Y-12 CUMMINS , AIR START, WITH CLARK TRANSMISSION , 140,000LB. REAR AXLES. OWNER LOST STORAGE AND THIS HEAVY HAULER MUST BE SOLD BRING ALL OFFERS."

Says 10,000 for price in the title. Hopefully someone can save it, the only other one I know of is on Long Island.

Long Island N.Y.?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It seems like you've almost forgot about some minor things in your inventory.

If it was in my collection, it would be at the curb with my mail box on it instead of my Cat crawler! Paul :twothumbsup:

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

BM546056,

I hope you save that thing from the scrap yard.

It is a shame that they scrapped out the trailer. Somebody could take that thing to a truck show and haul three or four B models behind it. The tough part is a matter of getting the permits.

Job41

• Like 1

Long Island N.Y.?

Yea, more specifically Rockaway Peninsula, Amstel Blvd... appears to still be there too, you can see it from google maps. I only know this because some kind of conversation broke out about it on FB and I tracked it down on the map. This picture is off bing maps, but you can see it on google or whatever too.

12028710_10153082776987021_8612956537374

• Like 2

Yea, more specifically Rockaway Peninsula, Amstel Blvd... appears to still be there too, you can see it from google maps. I only know this because some kind of conversation broke out about it on FB and I tracked it down on the map. This picture is off bing maps, but you can see it on google or whatever too.

12028710_10153082776987021_8612956537374

Thats the Seaway yard near Quadrossi Concrete. The boxes, cranes and some stuff is still there. As of Google Earth 2015

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Amstel+Blvd,+Arverne,+NY+11692/@40.5935247,-73.8053703,206m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c268671a2816a5:0x516c7aed2210c932

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey everyone

Is there really interest in this truck?

It is mine and has been in my family for 20 years

it was once used by Gerosa trucking - we also have the dolly across the bay if people want to buy/

This truck is not listed on craigslist and never was - someone was trying to scam people

9 minutes ago, vlkwagen said:

Hey everyone

Is there really interest in this truck?

It is mine and has been in my family for 20 years

it was once used by Gerosa trucking - we also have the dolly across the bay if people want to buy/

This truck is not listed on craigslist and never was - someone was trying to scam people

We had that happen a couple week ago with a Superliner ........Lady send me a picture ....then its on Craigslist for 10,000.00 more ?

Ed

• 6 months later...