RD822SX

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum and just bought a 1991 RD822sx. V8 Mack engine, Mack 12 speed trans, 65k rears (I think), 22k front (I think), walking beam suspension.

The truck came from the TN National Guard. I'm trying to find out more about the truck but when I call the local dealer with the VIN, they can't pull up anything on it. It does have a standard 17 digit VIN but I wonder if there is something about it being ex-military as to why the VIN isn't in Mack's database?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum and just bought a 1991 RD822sx. V8 Mack engine, Mack 12 speed trans, 65k rears (I think), 22k front (I think), walking beam suspension.

The truck came from the TN National Guard. I'm trying to find out more about the truck but when I call the local dealer with the VIN, they can't pull up anything on it. It does have a standard 17 digit VIN but I wonder if there is something about it being ex-military as to why the VIN isn't in Mack's database?

Any help would be appreciated.

What is your model and serial number, as shown on the vehicle identification plate located on the driver's door?

Very nice- does clock work and if so what does it show for mileage? National Guard-kind of like buying a used fire truck -no miles, washed frequently but better than a fire truck- no pump hours on it!

I don't recall the hours but it's showing 26,000 miles. I do remember the hours seemed to match the miles so I believe them to be correct.