Compound turbos

3 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Nothing left but the crying on that unit. Liehberr abandoned that engine and went back to one turbo now.

Yep... One turbo with the new technology is more than most diesel engines can deal with. I try and talk guys out of turning things up. It can be done but at a substantial cost in parts and time at least with a big diesel.

Want to tweak things get an old 350 Chevy and play. There are books written on all that can be done and it works, most of the time. Parts are cheap and available in a day or two at your door step, not so with a Mack.

I like big power and have several 1000hp rides, one is my Superliner. It is crazy and no one can use that power for more than a short amount of time. Then have to work on it for hours to do it again... but it is fun at least for a while. Yes there has been heads, pistons, liners, bearing, blocks and turbos scraped in the carnage of fun. I just don't nail it much any more to have "fun" working on stuff like i used to. I just what the stuff to stay running now. 👍

23 hours ago, staxx said:

MP7 11liter in my ch race truck , single turbo 930hp 6EFAB02F-6F7D-42EB-92A8-AC5C94A2AF1B.thumb.png.e15619d2d3409fd9d5c16848c983c156.png

Staxx You got to be pounding out some serious boost there to be bolting  the Charge air tubes together !What are them  Numbers ???? And the charge air cooler don't look stock? what is that out of ?  your using real hose connections! ??