last new mack model

So true Dirtymilkman. The CH cab hasn't changed much except for cutting a hole in the firewall for a doghouse for the MP engine and scooting the back wall back a few inches , to make room for some of our larger drivers. I remember getting in our first CH's on the lot back in 89. All were silver with blue strips and had the fiberglass MH doors on them. E-6 4-valve head manual pump engines. Those a were the days. I don't remember doing much warranty work on them babies!

• Like 2

Silver/Grey with blue stripes.

I believe they were called "The Phoenix 1000 series" The First 1000 CH's built.

I have a line on 1 of 20 Mack CH's built at Oakville assembly in Canada.(Ser#001020) Hoping the guy is willing to give it up.

• Like 1

I'm a big believer that the 90-97 CH's were and are excellent trucks. I have owned both R series and CH's and find them comparable in operating cost and reliability. (CH's extra interior room and ride are nice additions too) Most Mack guys on here don't give CH's the respect they deserve. The E7 (PLN) engine was the best version in the CH. Wasn't as big a fan of the E-tech. That's a nice truck Dirtymilkman.

I agree, they don't seem to get any respect. I'm not the biggest fan, but there are some sharp looking CH/CL's out there!

I'm a big believer that the 90-97 CH's were and are excellent trucks. I have owned both R series and CH's and find them comparable in operating cost and reliability. (CH's extra interior room and ride are nice additions too) Most Mack guys on here don't give CH's the respect they deserve. The E7 (PLN) engine was the best version in the CH. Wasn't as big a fan of the E-tech. That's a nice truck Dirtymilkman.

Agree I had a 90 or 91 Ch glider sleeper truck that was shoved in a barn and not built till 2000 had a manual e7 350 and a brand new t-2090 on older camleback rears I should have kept it ran like a switch watched ran every day it was needed

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I was on the job site loading a skid steer the lowboy truck is down so a comany called r Zimmerman moved our haul truck with a 1998 cl with an e 9 4 axle tractor and Talbert 3 axle trailer very sweet ride

They have some nice equipment. I haven't seen the Superdog on the road lately, but I know they still have it.

They also have a restored R model tractor that they use every day that they got from Elliot and Wood Escavating. Not sure if E&W bought it new or not. And they still have some nice DM roll offs running around.

Actually I bought my '98 CH and '00 Ravens dump trailer from them.

I'm hoping this winter I can go over there and get some pics of the Superdog.

So the E7 (PLN) was built from 90-97? What is PLN?

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.