DEF gauge reads empty. NOX malfunction. Derate mode.

Darcy1

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and have a problem with a 2013 GU813. The truck is in derate mode. DEF gauge reads empty, tank is full. Engine light is on. Code NOX malfunction data valid but higher than normal. I suspect the DEF level sending unit. Any tests to perform to validate my prognosis?

Thanks

Has anyone worked on the batteries? The ACM (aftertreatment control module) power wire goes straight to the batteries. Its just a small wire terminal. Ive seen 3 trucks that had the batteries replaced and the terminal was left off. As a result the truck was in derate and the DEF tank read empty.

This is the only idea I have.

Thanks for the tips people. Problem resolved. I found a broken power wire in the ACM harness about 2ft in front of the battery box on the inside of the frame rail. I'm surprised the fuse didn't blow as it was the positive rubbed through on a cross member. Repaired wire no longer in derate. I still had to clear the engine light with VCADS PRO.

Thanks again everyone.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 9/15/2015 at 1:49 PM, Challenger said:

Has anyone worked on the batteries? The ACM (aftertreatment control module) power wire goes straight to the batteries. Its just a small wire terminal. Ive seen 3 trucks that had the batteries replaced and the terminal was left off. As a result the truck was in derate and the DEF tank read empty.

This is the only idea I have.

I got same problem but I didn’t find acm powar wire . Can anyone help  me about this 

On 9/15/2015 at 4:46 PM, Darcy1 said:

Thanks for the tips people. Problem resolved. I found a broken power wire in the ACM harness about 2ft in front of the battery box on the inside of the frame rail. I'm surprised the fuse didn't blow as it was the positive rubbed through on a cross member. Repaired wire no longer in derate. I still had to clear the engine light with VCADS PRO.

Thanks again everyone.

Is that wire directly connect with batteries 

thanks