10 stud hub seal problem

Timmyb

timm are these hubs stud or hub piloted? if stud piloted you could add a spacer easy enough ( use the center out of a brake drum) if stud piloted you could do the same if the support perches are long enough. or take an old aluminum wheel canter and turn it down to the thickness that you need for a spacer, just make sure it is true! you don't want issues on the steer axle.

• Like 1

timm are these hubs stud or hub piloted? if stud piloted you could add a spacer easy enough ( use the center out of a brake drum) if stud piloted you could do the same if the support perches are long enough. or take an old aluminum wheel canter and turn it down to the thickness that you need for a spacer, just make sure it is true! you don't want issues on the steer axle.

I've got some spacers being made now. I used the drum to make a template. I looked at getting a smaller tie rod end but I'd still need to run spacers.

Hopefully I can post some pics of it completed by Monday.

Appreciate all input from everyone.

• Like 2

I've got some spacers being made now. I used the drum to make a template. I looked at getting a smaller tie rod end but I'd still need to run spacers.

Hopefully I can post some pics of it completed by Monday.

Appreciate all input from everyone.

Excellent idea! I felt once you start modifying steering geometry, it can either fix the problem or go bad really quick. I'm always careful on any brake or steering modifcations even on my hot rods. Way too much at stake. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Waiting for spacer plate to get made. Will cost $40 each side which isn't too bad I thought.

Got my new Accuride wheels out of the box and put some dunlops on them and thought id show you guys how it looks. Put some ceramic balancing beads in to test out.

post-14557-0-04333900-1444298450_thumb.j

Can anyone tell me how much weight is on the front axle of an R model when fully loaded? I'm used to driving a cab over and they are always up on their weight.

• Like 1

that being a dump truck if you load the front of the box heavy you should get 12000 on it if you load over the drivers it can be as much as 1500 less. That's if I remember my dump trucking days right, my flatbed with the e9 I get about 12900 on it when loaded

• 4 weeks later...

So after mucking around some more I decided to start the old girl and check the clearance when I turn the wheels full lock. Tyre hits the steering arm on the steering box.

post-14557-0-87930600-1446853955_thumb.j

post-14557-0-51995400-1446854078_thumb.j

I know I can adjust the steering so it stops just short of it, but it's hitting with a 10mm spacer behind the rims and with skinny tyres on it. I'd have to adjust it a lot! So I'm at peace with it now, I tried but it didn't work for me. Putting my wobbly wheels back on it.

Your dead right Paul! Anyway, I wont have to keep the buggers polished, so that one plus to come outta it. Im very happy with my local parts place, they helped me as much as they could and reckon I shouldn't have a drama to return the parts.

ten studs on a r model WTF are you thinking Timmy !!!!!!. mate this oz we run spider wheels NOT those poofy wheels ,leave them for Volvo and kenworth steering wheel attendants. 9" off sets if you have to have ten studs, knock your steering arms out off the stub axles flip left to right so your steering arms face up not down, we used to do that trick to stop the track rod being bent in boggy ground .what front axle have you got? FA536 FA537 FA538 or FA538C

• Like 1