Mack Day 2015 - Lititz, PA

Doug Maney

Welp, we flew up from Florida on Friday night. Drove 2 hrs Saturday morning and froze looking at the few trucks that were there. The ones that where there were beautiful. Was able to catch the redskins game on Sunday so all in all a good weekend. On a non rainy weekend how many trucks usually show up?

You need to come to Macungie. Even with the rain, you'll see 300-400 trucks there. No rain? 600 trucks.

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Yardo- what are decent hotels nearby there for that weekend?

Son said he would like to make the trip this year

Several hotels all in the immediate area, ask Ken, I forget the name of his hotel, but it's located close by the Fogelsville Inn, which is fantastic eating.

And you can't beat the Macungie Show- take in the show, the Factory and the Museum.....Plus you have the "America on Wheels" museum in Allentown. And don't forget the Nuns. Oh and the Hellertown BMT Truckstop.

As time gets closer we'll talk more and I'll hook you up. Might be hosting another international guest for Macungie 2016- a truck nut friend from Australia.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

The hotel where I stay is the Hawthorne Suites in Fogelsville. It is about 10 miles north of Macungie off route 100. I think there is a B&B in Macungie but no hotels within about a 10 mile radius.

As FWD posted, there will be a new thread on the Macungie show later this year or early next year. But mark your calendar for 2016 Father's Day weekend (Friday and Saturday).

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

My wife got us a special Macungie rate at the Windgate at Wyndham. She is going to set one up for next year ahead of time if you guys want to stay up in the area. It's a very nice hotel only 5 miles from the park. If I remember correctly there were around 750 trucks that came last year. I think this year there were still 500-600 trucks that showed, even with the bad weather.

The official name of the Macungie show is: The Antique Truck Club of America National Meet. Look for more information around the end of the year. The registration form is included in "Double Clutch" magazine. If you look for info on the Macungie truck show, you may not find what you are looking for. The only thing Macungie has to do with the ATCA show is the location. The Macingie Park does hold car shows and many think they hold the truck show as well.

The ATCA National Meet has been referred to as the "greatest antique truck show on earth" for many reasons, I hope you can get there sometime. If you make one, you won't miss many more.

• Like 1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

"greatest antique truck show on earth"

And home to the greatest antique truck collectors on earth!

A must do for every person who has any interest in old iron of any kind.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

SCOTT HOW IS THE SUPERLINER DOING YOU GOT FROM ME JERRY IN VA.

Trucks doing good jerry!! I've replaced things here and there. The turbo went out but hey it works everyday so I have to give her some love every now and again. I'd love to find a superliner with a e6 and a 36 inch bunk on it. Keep me in mind if you find one! Thanks.