e7 350 with a miss.

mackmanb61x

well i've been chasing an engine miss in one of my projects for a few months now. we adjusted the valves and the helped a little. then the injectors tested bad so i replaced them, that improved it a little bit. the fuel pump was next on the list it needed some work according to the guy who tested it, that improved the miss a little further. so the cam was pulled, no issues there. then we pulled the heads, they were rebuilt but needed minimum work. so today i pulled the pistons. the only thing i found was a broken oil ring. could this be the culprit?? any information would be helpful!! thanks, Bart G.

post-296-0-85440000-1441477180_thumb.jpg

Let me tell you what I have seen two times.One E6 engine had a miss that came in it over two months of time.It final got to a dead miss.The owner told him to inframe it and that's what he did.He did the pump and injectors and checked the cam when he was in it.He called me one sunday evening asking me about it and I told him yes I saw it years ago same thing.So he got a old fuel injector line off of me and changed it and that was it.I guess it was stopped up cause he say he could not blow air thru it.

glenn akers

• 4 years later...

Just wondering if the original poster got the miss fixed. My engine is acting the same way. I had the pump/injectors rebuilt and set the valves, and nothing changed. I did a compression test and #6 had around 20lbs less than the other cylinders. Just wondering if i'm looking at a burnt valve or broke rings.