HUGE AUCTION - Ken Robinson Collection

Went up yesterday to see what was there. They did a good job clearing up the place up and moving stuff around that was hidden (according to them) in the woods and overgrown brush. Definitely some interesting stuff. Luckily i'm only 45 mins away from auction, which will make hauling stuff home easier lol I'll be wearing a black collared shirt with an American Industries insignia on it, be nice to finally put some faces with some BMT members' names.

I attended the auction and I am not that into mack trucks but I live locally and was interested in some garage items but it was so sad to see that the majority of the trucks sold for 600-1500 bucks. Some were passed on and could not even get 500. Very few went for good money.I idid pick up a lot of contants from the garage and I have quite a bit, but the most interesting are some badge, insignias. Could someone share some insight on value or rarity? I have seen some of these fetch good money at this auction, but they were no where near as nice as these.. I found them between some books.

post-21662-0-38283700-1444585284_thumb.j

post-21662-0-29195100-1444585299_thumb.j

post-21662-0-34125300-1444585328_thumb.j

post-21662-0-28857500-1444585366_thumb.j

post-21662-0-64072400-1444585400_thumb.j

post-21662-0-59041300-1444585432_thumb.j

Anyone notice what the hydraulic jacks went for? I think there were at least two groups of them. given the fact you can't buy a jack today that isn't made in China I was thinking there might be some good ol' USA jacks in that collection-either working or worth rebuilding.

Lot 127A and 127B were two lots of 4 bottle jacks that got bundled. So, 8 bottle jacks sold for $125.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I attended the auction and I am not that into mack trucks but I live locally and was interested in some garage items but it was so sad to see that the majority of the trucks sold for 600-1500 bucks. Some were passed on and could not even get 500. Very few went for good money.I idid pick up a lot of contants from the garage and I have quite a bit, but the most interesting are some badge, insignias. Could someone share some insight on value or rarity? I have seen some of these fetch good money at this auction, but they were no where near as nice as these.. I found them between some books.

Pricing can range because of condition and how badly someone needs one.

I see you have them on ebay so that will give you an idea of pricing when you get some bids.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

BRIORA- They are nice pieces, But to me they only appeal to someone looking to complete a barn fresh/ older restoration 1920-1938 Ab or Ac or someone looking for something to hang on the wall. To me it would be next to impossible to bring them back to new condition for a completely restored truck. They are semi rare, but not unobtainable. The thing that hurts the value is the fact that Gary Mahan has had reproductions made up of all the old tags that are in new condition.