Mack Reman Or Something Else?

jward

Do you guys recommend using Mack reman heads or transmissions, or do you guys have better suggestions on a place for these parts. The reason I ask is because i've had problems with certain Mack reman stuff, namely injectors, and don't want to have to replace them twice, as these are alot more work. Also has anyone swapped a fuller for a Mack transmission? Is there more than just driveshaft adjustments to make? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated because i'm on borrowed time.

Do you guys recommend using Mack reman heads or transmissions, or do you guys have better suggestions on a place for these parts. The reason I ask is because i've had problems with certain Mack reman stuff, namely injectors, and don't want to have to replace them twice, as these are alot more work. Also has anyone swapped a fuller for a Mack transmission? Is there more than just driveshaft adjustments to make? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated because i'm on borrowed time.

If you have the time to be down have your heads rebuilt by a reputable machine shop!

Down side to that is mack heads have a one year warrenty I believe.

Trans!Heres the short list , u need to replace the stick and air line stuff

and the Mounts and clutch arm are another concern! A lot of little stuff to think on!

If you have the time to be down have your heads rebuilt by a reputable machine shop!

Down side to that is mack heads have a one year warrenty I believe.

Trans!Heres the short list , u need to replace the stick and air line stuff

and the Mounts and clutch arm are another concern! A lot of little stuff to think on!

Won't he have to swap bellhousings make a fuller trans. fit also you will change the gearing slightly usually loose top speed and some reduction

Won't he have to swap bellhousings make a fuller trans. fit also you will change the gearing slightly usually loose top speed and some reduction

He'll need an Eaton Fuller bellhousing with the Mack trans mount arrangement. Other truck brands mount the engine/trans by using mounts on the engine flywheel housing, hence a Fuller transmission would not have the provision for mounts on the bellhousing unless it came out of a Mack.

Most of the Fullers nowadays have a .73 overdrive in high gear. Depending on what Mack transmission he is replacing it could be slower, or faster. For example, most of the T200 Mack transmissions had a .60 overdrive, so if the Fuller replaces one of those, the top road speed would be slower.

On the other hand, if the Fuller is replacing a 107 series transmission with direct in high gear, then the top road speed will be faster.

As far as losing reduction in low gear, that again would depend on which Mack trans vs. which Fuller trans.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

He'll need an Eaton Fuller bellhousing with the Mack trans mount arrangement. Other truck brands mount the engine/trans by using mounts on the engine flywheel housing, hence a Fuller transmission would not have the provision for mounts on the bellhousing unless it came out of a Mack.

Most of the Fullers nowadays have a .73 overdrive in high gear. Depending on what Mack transmission he is replacing it could be slower, or faster. For example, most of the T200 Mack transmissions had a .60 overdrive, so if the Fuller replaces one of those, the top road speed would be slower.

On the other hand, if the Fuller is replacing a 107 series transmission with direct in high gear, then the top road speed will be faster.

As far as losing reduction in low gear, that again would depend on which Mack trans vs. which Fuller trans.

Yup like i said the short list!The trans housing for the mack and I beleive some older western stars also mount the same as the mack However the clutch arm is always beneth on a mack!

I appreciate the responses. We have a good machine shop north of here that alot of my buddies buy Cat and Cummins parts from. The reason I want to go with a Mack tranny is because of the good low and .71 overdrive. I've always hated that 8LL. The gaps on the high side suck. You're either runnin the balls off of it or lugging the p@#s out of it. A 2130 would suit my 4.42's real good, if I can find a good one.

yeah being able to split the top side is priceless to me I run a fuller 13 in my vision, I think you will be doing alot a extra work to put the Mack 13spd when you could just straight swap to a fuller 18spd low hole would be the same as your 8ll, and u could spit every gear, fuller 13 has a 12.43 lo hole, plenty good enough for what I do but putting in the Mack trans, would make the truck all mack

yeah being able to split the top side is priceless to me I run a fuller 13 in my vision, I think you will be doing alot a extra work to put the Mack 13spd when you could just straight swap to a fuller 18spd low hole would be the same as your 8ll, and u could spit every gear, fuller 13 has a 12.43 lo hole, plenty good enough for what I do but putting in the Mack trans, would make the truck all mack

I have to agree with this!Staying with the fuller would be likly alot less costly time and price wise!

the 8 trans housing would likly fit the 18.