VOLVO .......... What ....... are they good for

12 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

they`re not for makin noise they are for clothes washing` in a tub of hot water .set that thing in the tub grab whatever you`re washing and scrub em on the rough side of the board.  the old ones that my mom used were zinc plated tin not glass   back breakin job if you`ve got lots of laundry

I liked the musical way better.  I figured  that's how you washed with them just the glass part had me a little confused. 

I can remember my mother washing clothes  . she would have a  tub full  of wash water another for rinse  another smaller one to dump wet clothes in to carry to the line for drying and a bag full of wooden clothepins  to keep them on the line . was an all day job. i think we got her first washing machine  about 51or 52  was an old used maytag wringer.              how did we get on washing clothes               

Edited by carlotpilot
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

I can remember my mother washing clothes  . she would have a  tub full  of wash water another for rinse  another smaller one to dump wet clothes in to carry to the line for drying and a bag full of wooden clothepins  to keep them on the line . was an all day job. i think we got her first washing machine  about 51or 52  was an old used maytag wringer.              how did we get on washing clothes               

My mother had an Easy with the 3 brass plungers that went up and down and a wringer to the rinse tubs. Can remember being in the wringer up to my elbow before she tripped it!!! Next upgrade was a triangular shaped Easy with a rinse spinner on the end. No dryer until mid 60's after we got natural gas.

Brocky

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Their good for keeping Mack in a straight jacket and ball less. Mack engineer at a board meeting.- Lets make Mack great again by bringing back the Super Liner, offering the Cummins X12 and x15, getting back into heavy haul, and a new class seven. Volvo management-If you want to keep your job and pension - Shut the F--k up.:( Next question. Volvo engineer:whistling:-I have a great idea to get Mack market share even lower-drop all Mack legacy components and shorten the hoods so that only the MP7 fits in. Volvo management:thumb:- Sounds good I'll bring that up at the next board meeting

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...