Swishy

VOLVO .......... What ....... are they good for

they`re not for makin noise they are for clothes washing` in a tub of hot water .set that thing in the tub grab whatever you`re washing and scrub em on the rough side of the board.  the old ones that my mom used were zinc plated tin not glass   back breakin job if you`ve got lots of laundry

Edited by carlotpilot

12 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

they`re not for makin noise they are for clothes washing` in a tub of hot water .set that thing in the tub grab whatever you`re washing and scrub em on the rough side of the board.  the old ones that my mom used were zinc plated tin not glass   back breakin job if you`ve got lots of laundry

Don't forget the cotton sack with the Bluing.

12 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

I liked the musical way better.  I figured  that's how you washed with them just the glass part had me a little confused. 

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

We know you can’t get your wives to do that

Or the husbands for that matter.

5 minutes ago, Oso2 said:

Or the husbands for that matter.

got that right

I can remember my mother washing clothes  . she would have a  tub full  of wash water another for rinse  another smaller one to dump wet clothes in to carry to the line for drying and a bag full of wooden clothepins  to keep them on the line . was an all day job. i think we got her first washing machine  about 51or 52  was an old used maytag wringer.              how did we get on washing clothes               

Edited by carlotpilot
  • Haha 1

Sorry swish.        Now back to bashing Volvo.   

Just now, Hobert62 said:

Sorry swish.        Now back to bashing Volvo.   

LOL

8 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

I can remember my mother washing clothes  . she would have a  tub full  of wash water another for rinse  another smaller one to dump wet clothes in to carry to the line for drying and a bag full of wooden clothepins  to keep them on the line . was an all day job. i think we got her first washing machine  about 51or 52  was an old used maytag wringer.              how did we get on washing clothes               

My mother had an Easy with the 3 brass plungers that went up and down and a wringer to the rinse tubs. Can remember being in the wringer up to my elbow before she tripped it!!! Next upgrade was a triangular shaped Easy with a rinse spinner on the end. No dryer until mid 60's after we got natural gas.

Hey 6368, I grew up with that same old GE fridge ,had a small freeze box on the top right side  a shelf  for milk to the left  small draw for eggs under it then two full shelves I think and  a pair of vegetable draws on the bottom I don't remember any shelves on the inside of the door. Now for washing clothes we had an old maytag with the top wringer . needed two laundry sinks and the washer to do the laundry, Large sink for rinse ,small sink for bleaching white,and my mother used the glass wash board for her spinnaker sails. I used to help (or hinder) my mother do the laundry because the washer had a gear shift to wash ,a seperate lever to pump out the water , and a reversible wringer . Ah the 1950 were good and so was MACK back then.