1953 Mack L Ladder

mack31

congrats on the Mack ,looks to be in great shape,where did it come from and what state is it"s new home, paul romano , in n.h. amd doug jones in va. had lots of mack parts , if you need phones # ,let me know , Spring Melt in Allentown Pa. has lots of parts (april 2016), as for the mirrors you just might want to change the heads.

The fender welt is available at Restoration Specialties among other places.

The handles can be purchased new at Moore Hardware among others: http://www.mooreindhardware.com/index.html

Reproduction head lights are available here: http://www.otbgear.com/Default.aspx

If you plan on driving it i would re-think the original mirrors. They shook so bad they were useless.

Nice truck; good luck with it.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Mack31, I have talked to the Chester Fire Department and they said I can stop by and make copies of the photos. I am trying to make contact with one of the captains as he may be able to help with digging up other material. I remember that truck from when I was a kid. As far as the mirrors go I would leave them on. As mentioned the smaller ones shook and were no good for backing the truck up. The truck looks great! Where in the area are you keeping it?

Thanks