In Frame Over Haul

My 98 CH has 600,000 miles on it, it drinks alot of anti-freeze(burning it off). Local Mack service manager says it might be a hole in the liner. He said we might have to do an in frame overhaul. My question is 600,000 miles common for an in frame?? I wanted a few more miles out of it but It's not happening. Thanks

there are lots of vairables to how long an engine can go before a rebuild but it seams that most guys with newer trucks are getting up into the 700k range before a complet inframe. some times bearings and other maintence is needed before a inframe. In the end it all depends on the conditions the truck was run in and the way it was taken care of. some over the road guys go untill 1 million miles + before for an inframe

Yea it's got a coolant conditioner. There isn't any coolant in the oil but a gallon( of anti-freeze) every other day is going somewhere and I know that's bad :angry:

The guy that owned it before me beat the f%$# out of it. Bent the frame, busted the fifth wheel. I put a few $$$ into it getting it set up for what i'm doing but i didn't want to spend $14,000 for an in frame. But that's the cost of doing business.

The hell of it is the truck runs great!!!!

Yea it's got a coolant conditioner. There isn't any coolant in the oil but a gallon( of anti-freeze) every other day is going somewhere and I know that's bad :angry:

The guy that owned it before me beat the f%$# out of it. Bent the frame, busted the fifth wheel. I put a few $$$ into it getting it set up for what i'm doing but i didn't want to spend $14,000 for an in frame. But that's the cost of doing business.

The hell of it is the truck runs great!!!!

If its not going into the pan then its gong out the exhast or into the trans oil thru the trans oil cooler!

odviously you preasure checked the system for External leaks?Checked the trany latly?

Low liners is another comon thing in that era.Liners were set at low spec (19 thou) alot of the time low spec is to low as time has shown.460 HP engines had more problems with this than the lower HP engines!High spec is 29 thou!

Alot of diffrence!

• 2 weeks later...