Radioactive junk yard, wild wild stuff.

I was just watching something on PBS last night about this. I can't remember the girls name? Something-nerd. Radiation nerd? Something like that. This young scientist was going around with this girl checking things out.

They went into one building and the meters basically went into overload. The readings were like 10000 times normal. I forget what the term they used. I was tired and didn't catch everything.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

That tracked semi with the boom on the back of it is an interesting piece of machinery. Bet it would go through some snow.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

That tracked semi with the boom on the back of it is an interesting piece of machinery. Bet it would go through some snow.

Thats a T-55 Tank based Trench Digger with the Digger Spool assembly removed. It was converted to a recovery/salvage unit fr the nuke plant.

Most all vehicles and Aircraft were stripped for power plants and Brass,Copper and other mungo.

I think Vlad went on a "tour" of Chernobyl.

post-3242-0-79932900-1438364074.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks for the info! Forgot about the Ukraine troubles, we hear nothing about it as it no longer benefits the people in charge here.

Must have been cool to drive that unit!! No information on the Dozer unit here at all only the Trenchers and the Troop Carriers. Interesting. May need some detailed photos of it.

What is that small Dornier tracked unit after the ATT ? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

A dozer unit was called BAT or BAT-M.

The most agressive looking unit it the family on my mind.

I drove the trencher.

My dad has a picture when he was in the army, probably about the same time as your Vietnam entertainment.

He's job was serving acid batteries for vehicles. In that picture he seats with other soldiers in front of ATT traktor.

It's difficult to scale the size of the vehicle until you relate it to a man's figure. They're really huge.

I'll ask him to copy that shot to share.

About 20 years back when I was more enthusiasted to modelling I was going to scratch build ATT. I copied most everything of the drovings of it from the liabrary. So all the info is in my stock, probaly for all the modifications.

There were other kinds of artillary traktors. Another nice one is ATL - the light ("Leghkiy").

Both ATT and ATL had a cab based on a truck one (40's International :))

The other types had them of an industrial style, not so nice looking ones.

The model of ATL was done. It was more than 20 years back and I payed for that job the way I could buy my first car. 20 y.o. Mercedes though :) It was scaled 1:43. Planned as a resin cast series but finally I just assembled two "signal" trucks. By the word the tracks were cast of white metal (by me) and were done of the separate pieces. Having drive spockets turnable you could move the model having all the track assembly moving as it shoud do. Still remember, there are 84 links in every track, whole evening to get the one assembled.

P.S. We have all the talks on media about Ukraine and how America is agressive to us having its iterest of a slanz gas industry in Ukraine :D

post-3971-0-46285800-1438377589.jpg

post-3971-0-49865500-1438377605_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-64677200-1438377663_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-93888500-1438377692_thumb.jp

Edited by Vladislav
  • Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Sorry, no info on Dornier. It was some thing imported from Germany.

When in 1986 that thing was collapsed every thing was supplied there.

And lots of people too. The local firefighters were the first. They had absolutely no idea of what they dealt with.

No one is alive now. After that army came. Engeneers and constructors.

Actually they put a number of tons of concrete into the reactor to plunge it.

So the vehicles you see in those junk yards had different geography and purpose.

And the same end.

I started one in the late 90's. Got the cab done .I based the wide cab on the ZIL-157 cab units. Lack of information stopped the project.

You work came out well.

P.T.CHESHIRE

O-ho!

When I build it I had a shortage of info either but had access to the real unit. The ruined one though.

Those day there was no ZIL cab in model. Excepting Italery 1:35 wich was not perfect.

Now I'm packed with the blueprints totally. Just have nothing of time.

PM me if you want to re-freeze the old work.

Just me or is that cab/hood the Russian version of a slant hood Brigadier?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Just me or is that cab/hood the Russian version of a slant hood Brigadier?

Goes back to 1952 o3 general must have seen a few

P.T.CHESHIRE