Engine air duct on 1987 Superliner

inmanfarms

where are you located?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

If you have to order a new one you ought to have whoever looks it up order it and send it to you. if the dealer doesn't know how or not want to mess with an old truck I would rather give my business to someone like Rick or Barry that will take the time to look up parts, just my opinion.

• Like 1

The plastic piece might have a part number stamped on it. It will start with a 5MD????? part number.

There is a P/N under the MACK logo he should be able to have MACK cross ref it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Sorry it took so long to reply, but finally after three parts guys looked on the computer for a day they were able to figure it out. I really do appreciate you guys taking the time to try to help me on this matter. Thanks Darrin

It took three Mack brand parts people to successfully perform what is in fact a very simple parts search ???

It's a sad truth that real [Mack] parts people, quite frankly no longer appreciated since Volvo acquired Mack Trucks in 2001, are few and far between nowadays.

In the provided photograph, the "5MD" part number for this air intake duct is located directly below the Mack logo.

I grew up with the Mack parts system. The tools we have today to look up parts is so superior than what we had in the 70's, 80's. But, the new Volvo world part numbers are hard because there is no reference like the Mack system. MD for air intake, AX's for bolts, nuts and washers, KD for transmission parts etc., etc. You used to be able to go to the area and get what you wanted, but not with the Volvo system. You might have a 3/8 washer part right next to a tie rod end. These new parts people should look at a B model parts book. They would be lost right at the beginning.

I grew up with the Mack parts system. The tools we have today to look up parts is so superior than what we had in the 70's, 80's. But, the new Volvo world part numbers are hard because there is no reference like the Mack system. MD for air intake, AX's for bolts, nuts and washers, KD for transmission parts etc., etc. You used to be able to go to the area and get what you wanted, but not with the Volvo system. You might have a 3/8 washer part right next to a tie rod end. These new parts people should look at a B model parts book. They would be lost right at the beginning.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/40302-mack-part-numbers/?hl=1ax#entry292227