Thank you for the graphic warning, that certainly makes it real. Does finding a safe alternative steel wheel involve changing hubs? Or was there a non-split rim that will work here I can find through local truck tire guy or classifieds?

you can change those right over to 11 R22.5's with no problem and gain a modern rim you can get serviced anywhere. that truck looks to be a 63 64 or 65 as it has the newer crossmembers without the weld notch on top. so with that in mind, that might be how old some of those rims are.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Underdog,

thank you for reposting that story. You're very lucky and hopefully have recovered well. When you originally posted that story it gave me shivers, wow!! Sometimes we don't think this hobby can be dangerous, but every once and a while it does bite. Because of your incident my truck has all new rims and tires. Again, thank you and I wish you well!!

• Like 1

At least they're not the three piece rims , from what I can see. Two piece make me think twice , three piece I dread doing anything with. Once underdogs incident paint suddenly moved down the priority list and tubeless 22.5 rims shot to A1 priority.

• Like 1

One thing that I learned when I first purchased my toy......and tried to title/tag it......

96% of the people answering the phones, that stand behind the counters, or otherwise disperse information or are in charge of approving the paperwork for issuing titles or tags at the various State Agencies HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE about the regulations and laws that cover antique rigs that are privately owned hobby rigs and are no longer within commerce. THIS INCLUDES THE COPS OUT THERE. Many of them are clueless about CDL exemptions and commercial regulations exempting antiques.

You need to make it your mission to find the 4% that DO HAVE A CLUE, because the 96% will insist that they are correct, will make ZERO effort to look up the codes, even if you cite them, and will not pick up the phone to find a member of the 4% club.

I had to get one of my elected officials involved. Yes. It was that bad.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS