shooting in tenn

Maddog13407

not soon enough!

Now which politician is going to call for more gun control?

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I love how they are "SEARCHING" for a motive! Realy? What planet are they from if they are searching. That is a PC joke! If you don't know what is going here and why, you're not paying attention. I think Trump would do a bang up job! We'd know where he stands in no uncertain terms...not a bad thing. We don't have the stones to elect a man though.

• Like 1

Reports now say there were tweets 15 min. before the attack ?? Obama expresses his sorrow for the marines, BULLSH-T he has nothing but contempt for our military, if he had any balls he would do something. But when you are a gutless wonder you just sit around and talk all the things you could do instead of doing them, What I want to know is why we the USA cannot be the best nation on earth, why do we have to lower our standards so we are like everyone else, why can't we be better, what's wrong with being better, why do we care how any one else views us, I don't care how any other country does it's crap so why do they care what we do, take care of your back yard and I'll take care of mine. If you like it here get on the list and come here legally and leave your crap where you come from. If you come here you should respect our laws and our way of living and we will tolerate yours. if you don't like it don't be here.

Obama needs to lay off the estrogen and grow some hair, his wife's bulge is bigger than his.

There will never be another civil war, there's no one to take the first shot. but if ever does happen it won't last long, here in GA they more than well prepared and eager.

• Like 1

Reports now say there were tweets 15 min. before the attack ?? Obama expresses his sorrow for the marines, BULLSH-T he has nothing but contempt for our military, if he had any balls he would do something. But when you are a gutless wonder you just sit around and talk all the things you could do instead of doing them, What I want to know is why we the USA cannot be the best nation on earth, why do we have to lower our standards so we are like everyone else, why can't we be better, what's wrong with being better, why do we care how any one else views us, I don't care how any other country does it's crap so why do they care what we do, take care of your back yard and I'll take care of mine. If you like it here get on the list and come here legally and leave your crap where you come from. If you come here you should respect our laws and our way of living and we will tolerate yours. if you don't like it don't be here.

Obama needs to lay off the estrogen and grow some hair, his wife's bulge is bigger than his.

There will never be another civil war, there's no one to take the first shot. but if ever does happen it won't last long, here in GA they more than well prepared and eager.

Could start in Texas . The New York Times article, some truth some speculation and a bit of paranoia added to the pot.. Since the exercise is to train troops to fight in an urban /suburban arena. Patterned after the WWII German war on resistance groups. I personally would not be surprised since the prez stomps on the U.S. Constitution daily.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/16/us/in-texas-a-military-exercise-is-met-by-some-with-suspicion.html?_r=0

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

How do you tell who "them" is, the ones we are supposed to get. ISIS has directed everyone to take out as many military people as they can, but who would expect a guy in a Mustang convertible? Trump is in it for the attention - spouts ideas but I haven't heard how he will carry it off. The other day he said he would attack Iraq and let the US oil companies take the oil fields over. Really? Many people want to jump into war with Iran, Iraq, ISIS - but who is willing to send their child or grandchildren for oil? We have done a lot of things to other countries to piss them off and we are now paying the price. I hope the deal with Iran works out for everyone. Times and people change as well as leadership. War is inevitable at times, but should not be the first choice, and it costs lives and money. And yes I am one of the hated Liberals - not as much as I used to be though. Mark

Well not to hurt your feelings dear liberal but our company went to Iraq in 03, we were under contract to GE/ Corps of Engineers, we worked on a project called Project RIO (restore Iraqi oil) and yes we fought and had people die for oil, we lost military and civilian people and we there for the oil, personally I had a great time and would go back in a heartbeat, the Iraqi people we worked with were great and we got along with them just like were at home, in fact some are still my friends today and we communicate whenever possible, and yes I stood on a mass grave and I saw what went on so don't bother with the world peace lecture, if you were not there then you do not have the right to talk about something that only saw on your liberal news channel. we do nothing for world peace it is always about financial gain. that is what really makes the world go round not that warm fuzzy feeling you so desperately desire.

• Like 1

He got re elected what did we expect!! The best is yet to come!! Trust me on this one, he has not even started yet he thinks he is King and the stupid republicans in DC are not gonna help us!! Thats why I think Donald Trump might have a chance and I think he is the only one that can throw Billery under the bus!!

BULLHUSK

She is already in, Obama and his media people just haven't put the election day puppet show yet..

P.T.CHESHIRE

BBC news was showing the ISIS tweet at 10:34 ten minutes before the shootings, telling everyone there is going to be an event in Chattanooga U.S.A. White house says it still isn't a terrorist "event"

P.T.CHESHIRE

We do not need the Middle East oil!

Contrary to what the liberal tree huggers want us to believe we are but running out of oil.

I do believe that we should use all of our natural resources as efficiently as possible. But I also believe that we need to work with Mother Nature. I do get sick and tired of the bullshit that is spewed by all of the liberal tree huggers.

The is more known oil reserves under North America than there is in the Middle East.

What we need to do is tell the tree hugging liberals that our priority is making this country great.

We need to return to a position of power, and not be a pawn. To do this we need the capability to be self sufficient. We need to explore these reserves and bring them to production. We also need to build new and better refineries. Once we commit to this our dependence on the Middle East will be broken and they will have to beg us to by there oil.

• Like 2

Well not to hurt your feelings dear liberal but our company went to Iraq in 03, we were under contract to GE/ Corps of Engineers, we worked on a project called Project RIO (restore Iraqi oil) and yes we fought and had people die for oil, we lost military and civilian people and we there for the oil, personally I had a great time and would go back in a heartbeat, the Iraqi people we worked with were great and we got along with them just like were at home, in fact some are still my friends today and we communicate whenever possible, and yes I stood on a mass grave and I saw what went on so don't bother with the world peace lecture, if you were not there then you do not have the right to talk about something that only saw on your liberal news channel. we do nothing for world peace it is always about financial gain. that is what really makes the world go round not that warm fuzzy feeling you so desperately desire.

The second Iraq war was all about the oil. But that fact is never presented to Americans by the government influenced mainstream US media.

In the global community, it is universally felt that the US wanted the oil, and hence our global stature sunk one more.

BBC news was showing the ISIS tweet at 10:34 ten minutes before the shootings, telling everyone there is going to be an event in Chattanooga U.S.A. White house says it still isn't a terrorist "event"

An ISIS-linked Twitter account mentioned something about to happen in Chattanooga about 15 minutes before the first shooting Thursday that left four Marines dead, Fox News reports.

According to multiple news sites, the tweet read "O American Dogs/soon/YOU Will see wonders" and included the hashtags #Chattanooga #USA and #ISIS.

The tweet was sent out at 10:34 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time. The first shooting took place at about 10:50 a.m. at the Armed Forces Career Center. One person was shot in the leg. Moments later, the same shooter killed four Marines at the nearby Naval Operations Support Center.

The shooter, who was killed by police, has been identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez, 24, originally from Kuwait.

as long as there is money to be made, we will never drill for our own oil or resources. we have plenty of oil in Wyoming and other western states that we QUIT sucking out of the ground In the 80's because it was far better for us to buy it from the middle east because is made everyone in power a lot more money...

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

as long as there is money to be made, we will never drill for our own oil or resources. we have plenty of oil in Wyoming and other western states that we QUIT sucking out of the ground In the 80's because it was far better for us to buy it from the middle east because is made everyone in power a lot more money...

And now we have the EPA . . . and Windmill Barry

P.T.CHESHIRE

Under fire for inaction, Obama orders flags lowered for Chattanooga victims

The Washington Post / July 21, 2015

President Obama, facing growing criticism from conservatives and some veterans, ordered all American flags on federal grounds to be lowered to half-staff for the remainder of the week to honor the five service members killed at a naval reserve center in Chattanooga, Tenn.

The move was announced Tuesday, five days after the shooting rampage and just minutes after Obama delivered a speech here at the Veterans of Foreign Wars convention in which he defended his Iran nuclear deal, called for more military spending, and criticized Republicans for relying too heavily on military force and threats instead of diplomacy.

Standing before a crowded hall of aging veterans, Obama eulogized each of the four Marines and the one sailor killed by a gunman in Chattanooga. Tom Sullivan was “everything that a Marine should be,” Obama said. Skip Wells was so devoted to the Marine Corps that he wore his dress blues to his home town’s Fourth of July parade. David Wyatt led with courage in Afghanistan and mentored comrades with post-traumatic stress disorder. Carson Holmquist loved his wife, Jasmine, and their 2-year-old son. Randall Smith, the lone sailor, was a high school baseball star with two young daughters he called “little princesses.”

But even as he spoke, the president faced stinging criticism that he hadn’t acted swiftly enough to honor the dead by lowering the flag at the White House and federal buildings around the country.

“Oh one more thing, lower the FLAG!!!!!!!! Sir,” former Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, author of the best-selling book “Lone Survivor,” wrote on his Facebook page.

That critique was then echoed on Capitol Hill, where House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) moved quickly to lower the flag to half-staff on the Capitol grounds.

The midsummer tempest highlighted how Obama — six years into his tenure as commander in chief — continues to be pressed to defend his patriotism, his support for the military and his toughness.

Those questions have grown especially pointed in the wake of the agreement with Iran to limit its nuclear program. Republican critics of the deal have blasted it as too weak and conciliatory, and insisted that tougher sanctions and threats of force would have been more effective in bending Iranian will.

In his VFW speech, Obama fired back, saying his more measured and diplomatic approach had produced results. “Instead of chest-beating that rejects even the idea of talking to our adversaries — which sometimes sounds good in sound bites, but accomplishes nothing — we’re seeing that strong and principled diplomacy can give hope of actually resolving a problem peacefully,” Obama said.

Obama also sought to demonstrate his toughness. In one of the speech’s most striking moments, he said he would not hesitate to use force against those who threatened the United States, and then he read off a list of al-Qaeda leaders killed on his watch.

“Osama bin Laden is gone,” Obama said. “Anwar Awlaki, a leader of the al-Qaeda affiliate in Yemen, gone. Many of al-Qaeda’s deputies and their replacements, gone. Ahmed Abdi Godane, the leader of the al-Qaeda affiliate in Somalia, gone. . . . The list goes on. If you target Americans, you will have no safe haven.”

The VFW crowd applauded heartily for that list, but the reception overall was cool, if respectful.

Obama also struck a hawkish pose in blasting Republicans for backing automatic cuts — known as sequestration — that would pare back defense spending. He accused the Republicans of “trying to fund our military with gimmicks” that would “shortchange national security programs like counterterrorism” and “increase risk to our troops.”

“I’ve got a better idea, which is to end sequestration, increase the defense budget, invest in America’s strengths,” Obama said. “We shouldn’t be playing partisan politics when it comes to national security.”

“These mindless cuts have to end,” he said.

Obama vowed to veto any “bill that locks in” the automatic cuts. That sets up a clash with Republicans who have pressed for more defense spending — without the matching increases to domestic programs that Democrats are demanding. Republicans believe those domestic spending hikes are too costly.

On the issue of lowering the flags, Obama seemed to hear the mounting Republican criticism and respond to it. There are no clear or consistent rules that apply to lowering flags to half-staff. Obama ordered flags lowered after the mass shooting at Fort Hood in 2009 but didn’t lower them when a gunman struck last year at the Army post in Texas.

He has lowered flags almost immediately after mass shootings in Tucson; Aurora, Colo.; Newtown, Conn.; Oak Creek, Wis.; and the Washington Navy Yard.

He has ordered flags to half-staff after the deaths of American icons such as Neil Armstrong, Edward Kennedy, Dorothy Height and Frank Buckles, America’s last surviving World War I veteran.

But he didn’t lower the flag after last month’s shooting in Charleston, S.C.

Obama focused most of Tuesday’s VFW speech on defending his foreign policy record and detailing improvements made to the Department of Veterans Affairs after last year’s scandal in which VA officials were found to have falsified records to cover up the long waits that many veterans faced to get basic medical care.

VA is now handling millions more appointments, and waiting times for veterans have fallen, Obama said. But he also acknowledged that VA continues to struggle with a surge of aging veterans as well as younger veterans of the long wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

“You put it all together, and in some places, wait times are higher than they were last year,” he said.

The best way to honor all veterans, Obama said, was through a foreign policy that focused first on diplomacy and turned to war only as a last resort.

“I’m hearing echoes of some of the same policies and mind-set that failed us in the past,” Obama said. He said the critics of the Iran deal include “some of the same folks who were so quick to go to war in Iraq . . . [who] said it would only take a few months.”

Although Obama did not mention former president George W. Bush, Obama said past administrations were guilty of “rushing into war without thinking through the consequences.”

“Who paid the price?” Obama asked. “Our men and women in uniform.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Per the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the American Flag shall be flown at half-staff when the entire nation is in mourning.

These periods of mourning are proclaimed either by the president of the United States, for national remembrance, or the governor of a state or territory, for local remembrance, in the event of a death of a member or former member of the federal, state or territorial government or judiciary.

The heads of departments and agencies of the federal government may also order that the flag be flown at half-staff on buildings, grounds and naval vessels under their jurisdiction.

On Memorial Day the flag should be flown at half-staff from sunrise until noon only, then raised briskly to the top of the staff until sunset, in honor of the nation’s battle heroes.

In the early days of our country, no regulations existed for flying the flag at half-staff and, as a result, there were many conflicting policies. But on March 1, 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower issued a proclamation on the proper times.

The flag should fly at half-staff for 30 days at all federal buildings, grounds, and naval vessels throughout the United States and its territories and possessions after the death of the president or a former president.

It is to fly 10 days at half-staff after the death of the vice president, the chief justice or a retired chief justice of the United States Supreme Court, or the speaker of the House of Representatives.

For an associate justice of the Supreme Court, a member of the Cabinet, a former vice president, the president pro tempore of the Senate, the majority leader of the Senate, the minority leader of the Senate, the majority leader of the House of Representatives, or the minority leader of the House of Representatives the flag is to be displayed at half-staff from the day of death until interment.

The flag is to be flown at half-staff at all federal buildings, grounds and naval vessels in the Washington, D.C., area on the day and day after the death of a United States senator, representative, territorial delegate, or the resident commissioner from the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.

It should also be flown at half-staff on all federal facilities in the state, congressional district, territory, or commonwealth of these officials.

Upon the death of the governor of a state, territory or possession, the flag should be flown at half-staff on all federal facilities in that governor’s state, territory or possession from the day of death until interment.

The president may order the flag to be flown at half-staff to mark the death of other officials, former officials, or foreign dignitaries.

In addition to these occasions, the president may order half-staff display of the flag after other tragic events.

The flag should be briskly run up to the top of the staff before being lowered slowly to the half-staff position.