Ford Everest

kscarbel2

28 minutes ago, RoadwayR said:

If this is going to be the new Bronco................a lot of people will be disappointed. 

The Bronco is a great product, a Ford signature item they mistakenly walked away from, but the Everest is exactly what I want.

9 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

The Bronco is a great product, a Ford signature item they mistakenly walked away from, but the Everest is exactly what I want.

It is just that everyone I know is hoping for something along the lines of a Jeep Wrangler,  Not saying there is anything wrong with the Everest, but it's all in the name!  The Everest would make a fine Explorer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoadwayR said:

It is just that everyone I know is hoping for something along the lines of a Jeep Wrangler,  Not saying there is anything wrong with the Everest, but it's all in the name!  The Everest would make a fine Explorer.

I know your not. We're cool. Ford made a mistake, in my opinion, when they put the nameplate on a much smaller Ranger-based truck, and then later on a full-size truck. The Bronco's original size was unique. It was larger than a CJ-5 or CJ-7, so four people could travel in comfort, but still lacked the full-size bulk of a Blazer/Jimmy or Ramcharger/Trail Duster. The Bronco created an all-new niche and had it all to itself.

Today's Wrangler is larger and more comfortable than than a CJ-7, but it still lacks the interior space of the original Bronco form.

To me, the Everest and Bronco (what we all perceive Bronco to be) are two completely different product lines. I've driven the Everest many times and really enjoy it, with either the 4-cyl 2.2L or the 5-cyl 3.2L diesels.

Today's Explorer is like so many of today's alleged SUVs built on car platforms. It has many of the characteristics of a mini-van, but with the SUV face that so many Americans want. The Explorer is a car on stilts with a weak all-wheel drive system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_D3_platform#D4), whereas the Everest, riding the global Ranger platform, is a real truck with body-on-frame architecture.

Edited by kscarbel2

2 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I know your not. We're cool. Ford made a mistake, in my opinion, when they put the nameplate on a much smaller Ranger-based truck, and then later on a full-size truck. The Bronco's original size was unique. It was larger than a CJ-5 or CJ-7, so four people could travel in comfort, but still lacked the full-size bulk of a Blazer/Jimmy or Ramcharger/Trail Duster. The Bronco created an all-new niche and had it all to itself.

Today's Wrangler is larger and more comfortable than than a CJ-7, but it still lacks the interior space of the original Bronco form.

To me, the Everest and Bronco (what we all perceive Bronco to be) are two completely different product lines. I've driven the Everest many times and really enjoy it, with either the 4-cyl 2.2L or the 5-cyl 3.2L diesels.

Today's Explorer is like so many of today's alleged SUVs built on car platforms. It has many of the characteristics of a mini-van, but with the SUV face that so many Americans want. The Explorer is a car on stilts with a weak all-wheel drive system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_D3_platform#D4), whereas the Everest, riding the global Ranger platform, is a real truck with body-on-frame architecture.

Kevin-let's hope we get both in the US.  A real SUV again- Everest- and something close to original Bronco.  Although to TeamsterGrrls's point, If they took the Focus out of MAP because they can't make money on a 25 grand vehicle, what does that say the new Bronco will be.  I say kill the Flex (2000 sales a month) and bring on the Everest! And maybe by the time the Bronco is released, my 68 will be back on the road-with the shifter still on the column!

• Like 1

Don't see too many Flex's here in New England. It looks like a modern version of my family's 1959 Ford Country Sedan station wagon. Is the new vehicle coming out of Wayne going to be a Bronco?

If so, what's the difference between a Bronco and an Everest?

bulldogboy

11 minutes ago, bulldogboy said:

Don't see too many Flex's here in New England. It looks like a modern version of my family's 1959 Ford Country Sedan station wagon. Is the new vehicle coming out of Wayne going to be a Bronco?

If so, what's the difference between a Bronco and an Everest?

bulldogboy

The Bronco fans dream of a modern interpretation of the original 2-door Bronco with like dimensions and design cues. I agree. Note the rendering created by a Bronco fan.

But the Everest doesn't look anything like that.

https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/37730-ford-introduces-all-new-mid-size-everest-suv/?hl=everest

The Everest is as rugged as the original Bronco, but the design theme is totally different.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Yes the French army bought 1000 Ford Ranger pick up only for use in Europe. The Everest was for all the operation in the world, Mali, Irak and all the place where the French army was deployed. The engine, in the Everest accept all type of diesel fuel, bad or good

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Bob, you know that I was planning to buy a US market Ranger and Everest, one each. But now we know Ford took the already perfect Ranger and ruined it. Only one engine and transmission.....no 2.2L and 3.2L diesel options, bland appearance, no manual transmission and I'm sure they added the essential Ford US market engine fire package as they did with the global market Kuga (known in the US as Escape).

And, Ford has apparently butchered the Everest to make something with the Bronco badge.

Ford lost two sales.

But then, what does one expect from an automaker focused on train station renovations.

• Like 1