Tim Maikshilo isn’t fooling me - It's the Vegemite

kscarbel2

It must be great to travel with work

Working around the globe really opens your eyes and expands your thought process, as you're no doubt experiencing.

BUT, flying is no longer pleasant with the never-ending delays, late arrivals and subsequent missed connections and cancellations, and the constant jet lag back and forth gives you grey hair.

• Like 1

Working around the globe really opens your eyes and expands your thought process, as you're no doubt experiencing.

BUT, flying is no longer pleasant with the never-ending delays, late arrivals and subsequent missed connections and cancellations, and the constant jet lag back and forth gives you grey hair.

Yes your 100% right! Seeing how different country's work compared to the states is eye opening. Here workers at FH are treated pretty damn good and companies in the states could learn a few lessons.

Flew back and forth three times over a year period and that got old too!

Yes your 100% right! Seeing how different country's work compared to the states is eye opening. Here workers at FH are treated pretty damn good and companies in the states could learn a few lessons.

Flew back and forth three times over a year period and that got old too!

To reduce your jet lag, try chewing these tablets.

http://www.nojetlag.com/

They're actually produced in Wellington, New Zealand (so you can get a good deal there). In the US, Amazon has a good price.

All we get in the states from Cadbury is chocolate Easter Eggs but Hamburger milk???

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

All we get in the states from Cadbury is chocolate Easter Eggs but Hamburger milk???

The states doesn't get real Cadbury. Hershey's has a license agreement to produce/sell product under the Cadbury name in the states. It's a completely different tasting chocolate from the real Cadbury chocolate produced in the UK. I can't stomach the Hershey's Cadbury product.

Me either.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On the other side of the planet, in the former colony of Canada... another bmt'er enjoys Weetabix too

Cadbury's chocolate here taste like crap..... seems we've got to go to the corner store where "cultural import foods" can be sold where French is not required on the label or the FDA doesn't have an approval stamp...

BC Mack

post-10384-0-16769900-1438914926_thumb.j

To reduce your jet lag, try chewing these tablets.

http://www.nojetlag.com/

They're actually produced in Wellington, New Zealand (so you can get a good deal there). In the US, Amazon has a good price.

Wow thank you!

Well Tim I see ya Marmite crisps and raise you wait for it Vegemite Chocolate

attachicon.gifVegemite chocolate.JPG

attachicon.gifVegemite chips.JPG

attachicon.gifother chocolates.JPG

my god our taste buds are strange down here

seeya

Paul

Damn Paul that's awesome! There is a Cadbury factory in Dunedin I wonder if the make these products?

Tim I would not advise the Vegemite chocolate princess bought me some a while ago I told her not to bother getting any more had to wash it down with plenty of coffee first time I havent had to fight chocolate thieves

Good old VB have never seen VB chocolate drank heaps of VB though over the years

Donut chocolate for must be for police with a sweat tooth ???

dunno about the hamburger chocolate ??

Paul

• Like 1

An act of pure sacrilege, the Australian government suggests Vegemite sales be limited

BBC / August 9, 2015

Australia's government says some communities should consider limiting the sale of the popular Vegemite spread because it is being used to make alcohol.

It says the yeast-based product is contributing to anti-social behaviour in some remote communities.

Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion described the salty spread as a "precursor to misery".

He said it was being bought in bulk to make moonshine.

Brewer's yeast is a key ingredient in the spread and is used in the production of beer and ale.

In communities where alcohol is banned because of addiction problems, Mr Scullion said Vegemite sales should also be restricted.

"Businesses in these communities... have a responsibility to report any purchase that may raise their own suspicions," he said.

The minister added that in some cases, children were failing to turn up to school because they were too hung-over, and that Vegemite was an increasingly common factor in domestic violence cases.

But Dr John Boffa of the People's Alcohol Action Coalition, who is based in Alice Springs, in Australia's Northern Territory, says the problem is not widespread.

"We're talking about an isolated problem in a couple of communities around a very large nation, and a nation where there is a very large number of Aboriginal communities, and every community is different," he told the BBC.

He said there might be a need for some local initiatives, but that these should be initiated by the communities themselves.

Vegemite started as a war-time substitute for Marmite, and is now something of an Australian culinary icon, says the BBC's Jon Donnison in Sydney.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-33839742

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that the government did not suggest that UK-produced Unilever Marmite or New Zealand-produced Sanitarium Marmite sales be curbed. The plot thickens………………

Alcohol can also be produced from potatoes, corn, wheat and rye. Shall Australia ban these common every day items as well?

Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion should be brought up on charges for insulting the good name of a national icon.

With this news, I'm stocking up on Vegemite when I pass thru HK this week.

• Like 1

Out here on the North Fork of Long Island in the fall we get all kinds of drunken birds,deer, squirrels and other creatures. They eat the ground fall grapes, apples and peaches. They ferment when the rot. Nothing funnier than a drunk Possum! Pogo he ain't! Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

LOL it is a funny world we live in the most amazing thing is a lot of people say these people arent smart and have no work ethic I cant imagine even been bothered going to all that effort just for a drink I dont think the kids would be the driving force behind all of this but I do feel for them the kids that is

Paul

LOL it is a funny world we live in the most amazing thing is a lot of people say these people arent smart and have no work ethic I cant imagine even been bothered going to all that effort just for a drink I dont think the kids would be the driving force behind all of this but I do feel for them the kids that is

Paul

Paul

We had a good ole boy in our unit who went to the ends ofour base in Vietnam looking for Dandelions to make some home brew wine. The end result was the jugs that didn't explode had a Kick Arse amount of alcohol in it, like Vodka but from weeds :):).

Mix it with Mellow-Yellow and WhoooHooo

P.T.CHESHIRE

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott says will not limit Vegemite sales in remote areas

BBC / August 10, 2015

Vegemite sales will not be limited in remote Australian communities, amid reports the spread was being used in home-brewed alcohol, says the PM.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott said he did not want a "Vegemite watch".

Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion had earlier described the salty spread as a "precursor to misery", according to local media.

But Mr Abbott said for most people Vegemite, made from brewers' yeast extract, was "reasonably nutritious".

"This is a deregulatory government and the last thing I want to do is to have a Vegemite watch," Mr Abbott on Sunday told local media .

Moonshine

A Queensland newspaper had reported that Vegemite was being made into alcohol in large quantities in some remote Indigenous communities.

Mr Scullion was quoted saying the spread was being bought in bulk to make moonshine.

"Businesses in these communities... have a responsibility to report any purchase that may raise their own suspicions," he said.

The minister added that in some cases, children were failing to turn up to school because they were too hung-over, and that Vegemite was an increasingly common factor in domestic violence cases.

But Dr John Boffa of the People's Alcohol Action Coalition, who is based in Alice Springs in the Northern Territory, said the problem was not widespread.

"We're talking about an isolated problem in a couple of communities around a very large nation, and a nation where there is a very large number of Aboriginal communities, and every community is different," he told the BBC.

• 3 years later...
On 7/20/2015 at 3:23 AM, kscarbel2 said:

I was curious myself so here’s the background on the Sanitarium brand.

The “Sanitarium” name for New Zealand’s Marmite comes from America, from John Harvey Kellogg (Kellogg's cereal) who invented corn flakes.

Kellogg founded the Battle Creek Sanitarium in Michigan, a health resort based on the health principles advocated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Supposedly, the Battle Creek Sanitarium became world renowned, and became the in place for the rich and famous to seek their lost health, to listen to health lectures and to learn and practice the principles of a healthy lifestyle.

Kellogg explored various treatments for his patients, including diet reform. He encouraged a low-fat, low-protein diet with an emphasis on whole grains, fiber-rich foods, and most importantly, nuts. Kellogg also recommended a daily intake of fresh air, exercise, and the importance of hygiene. Many of the theories of John Harvey Kellogg were later published in his book The Road to Wellness.

Charles W. Post (Post cereal) worked with Kellogg.

Founded in Melbourne in 1898, The Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company is the trading name of two sister food companies - Australian Health and Nutrition Association Ltd and New Zealand Health Association Ltd which are wholly owned by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

In December 1900, Edward Halsey, a Seventh-day Adventist and baker trained at the Battle Creek Sanitarium, came to New Zealand to prepare healthy food for a small health home. He began making batches of Granola, New Zealand's first breakfast cereal, Caramel Cereals (a coffee substitute) and wholemeal bread in Christchurch. These products became known as Sanitarium Health Foods.

Today, Sanitarium New Zealand is owned and operated by New Zealanders while Sanitarium Australia is owned and operated by Australians. They do work together; producing over 150 products and employing 1500 people throughout New Zealand and Australia.

http://www.sanitarium.com.au/products/spreads/marmite

A pastor and I previewed Ken Ham’s “answers in Genesis” and were convinced we needed some Vegemite. Rock, paper, scissors and I ended up mail ordering some. Definitely an acquired taste, beef bouillon with a hint of stale beer. Ham said you can’t convince an American kid to eat vegimite and even less an Australian kid to eat a pickle.....appears he was right after letting the kids taste it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, other dog said:

I remember my Ma making dandelion wine, but I don't remember what it tasted like. She used to make the best wine I ever tasted, especially the grape.She also made cherry and blackberry wine, and she didn't drink at all.

Ours was bitter and don't remember much after the first cup full but we had none left and were all hung over for 2 days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:05 PM, 41chevy said:

Ours was bitter and don't remember much after the first cup full but we had none left and were all hung over for 2 days

Use to have a little club here, the Jenny Falls Corkmasters. We made wine and had get togethers to judge them. I decided to make Dandelion wine to spec. Could not have any stem milk in it because it's ultra-bitter, like you mentioned. Had to pinch only the yellow pedals off each head...….for hours.....till I had a cheese cloth bag full or yellow pedal fluff. Never did it again, but wow, it was good that way. Crystal clear with a light yellow tint.  

If your every really bored, pinch a bunch of the dandelion pedals, put in coffee filter, boil it, sweeten it and drink it hot. Whole new flavor you've never tasted and can't compare to anything you've had.   

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1