"People should and do trust me" - Hillary Clinton

kscarbel2

• 2 weeks later...

Criminal Inquiry Is Sought in Clinton Email Account

The New York Times / July 23, 2015

Two inspectors general have asked the Justice Department to open a criminal investigation into whether sensitive government information was mishandled in connection with the personal email account Hillary Rodham Clinton used as secretary of state, senior government officials said Thursday.

The request follows an assessment in a June 29 memo by the inspectors general for the State Department and the intelligence agencies that Mrs. Clinton’s private account contained “hundreds of potentially classified emails.” The memo was written to Patrick F. Kennedy, the under secretary of state for management.

It is not clear if any of the information in the emails was marked as classified by the State Department when Mrs. Clinton sent or received them.

But since her use of a private email account for official State Department business was revealed in March, she has repeatedly said that she had no classified information on the account.

At issue are thousands of pages of State Department emails from Mrs. Clinton’s private account. Mrs. Clinton has said she used the account because it was more convenient, but it also shielded her correspondence from congressional and Freedom of Information Act requests.

She faced sharp criticism after her use of the account became public, and subsequently said she would ask the State Department to release her emails.

The department is now reviewing some 55,000 pages of emails. A first batch of 3,000 pages was made public on June 30.

In the course of the email review, State Department officials determined that some information in the messages should be retroactively classified. In the 3,000 pages that were released, for example, portions of two dozen emails were redacted because they were upgraded to “classified status.” But none of those were marked as classified at the time Mrs. Clinton handled them.

In a second memo to Mr. Kennedy, sent on July 17, the inspectors general said that at least one email made public by the State Department contained classified information..

The memos were provided to The New York Times by a senior government official.

The inspectors general also criticized the State Department for its handling of sensitive information, particularly its reliance on retired senior Foreign Service officers to decide if information should be classified, and for not consulting with the intelligence agencies about its determinations.

In March, Mrs. Clinton insisted that she was careful in her handling of information on her private account. “I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email,” she said.

“There is no classified material. So I’m certainly well aware of the classification requirements and did not send classified material.”

In May, the F.B.I. asked the State Department to classify a section of Mrs. Clinton’s emails that related to suspects who may have been arrested in connection with the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya. The information was not classified at the time Mrs. Clinton received it.

The revelations about how Mrs. Clinton handled her email have been an embarrassment for the State Department, which has been repeatedly criticized over its handling of documents related to Mrs. Clinton and her advisers.

On Monday, a federal judge sharply questioned State Department lawyers at a hearing in Washington about why they had not responded to Freedom of Information Act requests from The Associated Press, some of which were four years old.

“I want to find out what’s been going on over there — I should say, what’s not been going on over there,” said Judge Richard J. Leon of United States District Court, according to a transcript obtained by Politico. The judge said that “for reasons known only to itself,” the State Department “has been, to say the least, recalcitrant in responding.”

Two days later, lawmakers on the Republican-led House committee investigating the Benghazi attacks said they planned to summon Secretary of State John Kerry’s chief of staff to Capitol Hill to answer questions about why the department has not produced documents that the panel subpoenaed. That hearing is set for next Wednesday.

“The State Department has used every excuse to avoid complying with fundamental requests for documents,” said the chairman of the House committee, Representative Trey Gowdy, Republican of South Carolina.

Mr. Gowdy said that while the committee has used an array of measures to try to get the State Department to hand over documents, the results have been the same. “Our committee is not in possession of all documents needed to do the work assigned to us,” he said.

The State Department has sought to delay the hearing, citing continuing efforts to brief members of Congress on the details of the nuclear accord with Iran. It is not clear why the State Department has struggled with the classification issues and document production. Republicans have said the State department is trying to use those processes to protect Mrs. Clinton.

New inquiry into Clinton emails fuels political questions

Associated Press / July 24, 2015

A new letter by intelligence investigators to the Justice Department says secret government information may have been compromised in Hillary Rodham Clinton's private server, underscoring an inescapable reality for her presidential campaign: Email is forever.

Clinton, the former secretary of state and now the leading Democratic presidential candidate, wants to focus on the economic issues she and her team believe will drive the next election. But they remain unable to fully escape the swirling questions surrounding her decision to run her State Department correspondence through an unsecured system set up at her New York home.

The inspector general of the U.S. intelligence community recently alerted the Justice Department to the potential compromise of classified information arising from Clinton's server.

The inspector general also sent a memo to members of Congress that he had identified "potentially hundreds of classified emails" among the 30,000 that Clinton had provided to the State Department — a concern the office said it raised with FBI counterintelligence officials.

Though the referral to the Justice Department does not seek a criminal probe and does not specifically target Clinton, the latest steps by government investigators will further fuel the partisan furor surrounding the 55,000 pages of emails already under review by the State Department.

A statement from the intelligence inspector general, I. Charles McCullough, and his counterpart at the State Department, Steve Linick, said that McCullough's office found four emails containing classified information in a limited sample of 40 emails.

"This classified information should have never been transmitted via an unclassified personal system," they said.

For Clinton, the news amounted to a major distraction on a day when she'd hoped to focus on unveiling a new set of economic policies. Instead, she opened her New York City speech by addressing the controversy, decrying some reports as inaccurate.

Some media initially reported that Justice Department had been asked to consider a criminal investigation into whether she mishandled her emails.

"We are all accountable to the American people to get the facts right, and I will do my part but I'm also going to stay focused on the issues," she said.

It was not immediately clear whether the Justice Department would investigate the potential compromise highlighted by the intelligence inspector general. The Justice Department has not suggested any wrongdoing by Clinton, according to U.S. officials speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the referral publicly. (WHY ???)

But the inspector general's office said in its letter to Congressional oversight committees that it was concerned that "these emails exist on at least one private server and thumb drive with classified information and those are not in the government's possession," said Andrea Williams, a spokeswoman for McCullough.

None of the emails were marked as classified at the time they were sent or received, but some should have been handled as such and sent on a secure computer network, said the letter sent to congressional oversight committees.

Clinton has maintained that she never sent classified information on her personal email account, which she said in March she used as a matter of convenience to limit her number of electronic devices.

The State Department has made public some of the emails involving Clinton, and is under court order to make regular further releases of such correspondence.

The aim is for the department to unveil all of 55,000 pages of the emails she turned over by Jan. 29, 2016. But a federal judge this month chastised the department for moving too slowly in providing The Associated Press with thousands of emails submitted through the Freedom of Information Act.

Republicans are pushing Clinton to turn over her server to a third party for a forensic evaluation.

"Her poor judgment has undermined our national security, and it is time for her to finally do the right thing," said House Speaker John Boehner.

(And an arrogant individual with such poor judgement, that would throw state dept. policy to the curb, wants to be president………..unbelievable)

Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said she had followed "appropriate practices in dealing with classified materials."

But there's little dispute among intelligence officials that Clinton should have been more careful with her information — though her behavior was likely not criminal.

(Sure, why would running her State Department correspondence through an unsecured server in her New York home be irresponsible and criminal? Though our government’s impenetrable systems and those of corporate America including defense contractors that are designing our critical next generation weaponry were successfully hacked, I’m certain that Hillary’s home server is impregnable………sarcasm on my part.)

Current and former U.S. intelligence officials say they assume that all of the email that transited Clinton's home server is in the possession of Russian or Chinese intelligence services, who would have easily bypassed whatever security measures she took.

They, too, spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss the Clinton email situation publicly.

Whether a security violation or not, the risk for Democrats is that questions about her email harden into an early narrative about Clinton's honesty and management skills. Already, Republicans have spent months depicting Clinton as a creature of Washington who flouts the rules for personal gain.

Clinton's people say questions about her correspondence won't sway voters, who they argue are more focused on economic and family issues. But, there are signs that the issue may have already affected views of their candidate.

An Associated Press-GfK poll released last week found that voters view her as less decisive and inspiring than when she launched her presidential campaign just three months ago. Just 3 in 10 said the word "honest" describes her very or somewhat well.

Hillary Clinton's lawyers and the Republican-led committee are negotiating over the terms under which she “might” appear before the House committee investigating the deaths of four Americans in the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

A committee spokesman says Hillary Clinton is demanding limitations on the questioning.

Can an ordinary American, one of the commoners rather than the governing aristocracy, get away with that? Of course not.

“Well, I might come in to be questioned, but gee, you will certainly have to limit the questioning to subject matter that will not implicate me, and not cast me in a worse light than is already on me….what with the upcoming election in mind.”

Today’s touch of humor: During a speech in Philadelphia in 2008, Hillary Clinton said that she was “probably the most transparent person in public life”.

Hillary Clinton could be the most transparent person in public life. You can see right thru her and her lying ways.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...

Trump just because he doesn't care about being PC and says it how he sees it...Even if it's rough and in some cases inappropriate. I'd rather know where we stand and nobody else is going to do that. We need a guy with a set of brass stones that clang when he walks...Just like Reagan and Maggie Thatcher. They both had a big set. God love em. He would straighten up some $hit in a hurry and would call out every slime ball politician by name without batting an eye.

That would be 8 real interesting years!

• Like 2

I dunno. Something wrong with my computer,,, Every time I Google "scum," or "liar," or "disaster," any of those 3 words, the search usually gives me a photo of Hilary. But sometimes on odd number days the same search results in a photo of Lois Lerner.

I bet Vince Foster could fix my computer if only he was still around...

• Like 2

She will not quit, the Media will spin every thing into her favor as a "poor woman being persecuted for trying to compete in the male dominated political arena", a wife who stood with a cheating husband to "save the country from scandal". Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Associated Press / August 19, 2015

Hillary Rodham Clinton's personal lawyer David Kendall has told a Senate committee that emails and all other data on her computer server were erased before the device was turned over to federal authorities.

Clinton hired a Denver firm, Platte River Networks, to perform the work.

In exchanges with reporters earlier this week, Clinton said she was not aware if the data on her server was erased.

• 2 weeks later...

In a desperate "Hail Mary" play for points, Hillary in Cleveland yesterday compared Republican presidential candidates who hold conservative views on abortion and women's reproductive rights to "terrorist groups."

This proves to me at least that she has a lot to learn about who the terrorists actually are. And she wants to sit in the captain's chair.............hmm.

• Like 2

The good thing about Hillary getting the nomination is that she is very easily beaten. But then given the last few presidential elections it does not surprise people to see Republicans snatch defeat from the jaws of victory! Job 41

• Like 1

Screen-Shot-2015-08-25-at-8.42.01-AM.pngRemington Firearms has decided they wanted to make their way into the fray concerning Hillary’s emails.

It was a bold move but it provided more than satisfying results.

Just a few weeks ago at a presss conference Hillary was asked if she had wiped the server

Stooping to smart-alecky retorts rather than straight forward answers Mrs. Clinton said “What, with a cloth or something?”

No Mrs. Clinton…

Remington decided to have a little bit of fun with the remark and tweeted a photo of their gun cleaning wipes .

The caption read “Works on firearms, not email servers. In stores now. #clean #fun.”

post-3242-0-15239000-1440812532_thumb.jp
  • Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

It sounds as though Hillary was working for herself............rather than the American people via the United States government.

http://news.yahoo.com/another-57-clinton-email-threads-contain-foreign-governments-205309673.html

"Here's my personal email," Hillary Clinton wrote to U.S. special envoy George Mitchell on a summer Sunday in 2010 as he telephoned one European official after another in an effort to keep peace talks between the Israelis and the Palestinians on track.

"Pls use this for reply," Clinton wrote in her email, sent from the clintonemail.com account she set up on an unsecured, private server in her New York home for her work as secretary of state.