CHU Superliner III

HMMMM all very interesting funny thing is Mack Australia is a lot different than their US brother

yesterday afternoon I was working in the shed and my boy yells out for me to come to the phone I get to the phone and Mack Australia is on the other end of the line asking am I happy with my truck what would I like in a new truck how do I find the dealers ect ect yeah,yeah you all say BUT and its a big BUT I have never bought a new Mack there was no hard sell I was asked what Mack Australia could do better apart from bringing back the R model cool powered Mack back I couldnt think of anything to which the bloke on the other end of the line agreed and then we started talking about how good the coolpower Mack is and how the thrive on really hard work it was like an echo down the phone line obviously a older Mack man he told me he would pass my suggestions across to the powers that be

The point Im making is we make out that no one cares but I was stunned to get a phone call good onya Mack Australia does anyone else ever get a phone call about there 34 year old dream machine from the people that made it all those years ago to see if I am still happy with the Mack they made

you never know who's reading the forum and taking notes about what we want and dont want like and dont like free market research for Mack

Paul

• Like 2

One can only hope they're listening here, I for one would like to see a retro Superliner come out. If the need to do a melted look truck, than add elements of the B Model into the design. Wouldn't look bad as a one piece on the current Granite cab IMO.

I would think Volvo Corporate has less influence with MACK in OZ then here in North America ? Paul

If I could photoshop I'd put the nose on a Granite cab...

gallery_3420_646_2764.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Mack Australia was a whole different ball of wax. Somehow, their engineering dept. Could dream something one night and start testing it by morning. There were Canadian customers that were willing to spend the money to purchase Australian designed Titans etc in the early 2000's just to get a heavy Mack. Those customers were basically told it will be too expensive and couldn't be converted to a left hand drive to be imported. Mack Australia seemed to be more in touch with customer needs and knew that without the customers input and design there was no product to sell. Canada's market mirrored Australia's minus the heat. Sure we do a lot of cross border freight that would require a similar spec to what's available in the US, but once we lost our engineering in Oakville assembly it seemed we had more in common with the always ahead of the curve Australian engineering.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I always dreamed of an extended or long hood CHU Rawhide sporting the MP-10 engine with some external "air breathers"...

For the retro-look MACK should be inspired on the MACK LTL Trucks hood and round fenders... Too bad I am not expert on digital computer graphics

The MP8 is in wide use hauling Max gross weights across Canada and seems to be doing well considering it's a 13L engine. The 16 liter motors do much better but few up here are willing to shell out the extra coin on the Titan. Yes a Titan can be ordered with a "custom" sleeper and still be within legal lengths to haul "B"train combos. It couldn't be more then 60" in length. So the factory sleeper would be well within the limits. Most who need the big power order a Volvo instead getting the 16L motor and a factory installed 60". Midrise bunk.

• 4 weeks later...

And bitter. People forget it's all about money. Just remember what Mack did to Brockway. Shared cabs....then Brockway disappeared.

Like Volvo is trying to do to MACK

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I wasn't worried about the knowledge base but I asked a question and asked for a certain thing and it turned into a free for all. I understand that not every truck is for every owner or driver. Personally I like big power set forward axle trucks. The question was who would be interested not who thinks its a waste etc. I really think that this idea would sell to the owner operator segment but the company drivers/union freight haulers won't be interested. That being said if your not interested or only have negative feedback......let it go, I skip posts on here daily because they aren't my cup of tea, I don't just go around raining on everybody's parade knowing full well I wouldn't be in the market anyway. This post was about the truck...not the numbers, that's for the marketing guys to figure out.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

P.s. I have had another discussion with others in the company about this since this lost.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"