95 E7 350 loping at idle

Twitch

My 95 Ch613 has had this lope in it ever since i bought it 2 yrs ago. It has gradually gotten worse lately... Its enough to notice a 5 psi +/- difference on the oil guage when idling. It does the typical chug-a-lug til the econovance kicks in then just idles intermittently enough to rock the truck right good. Usually if we're just sitting around we just bump the idle up a little and the loping slows a little with the higher rpm. You dont notice it going down the road just at idle speeds. I have changed the econo solenoid and it corrected nothing! Also I have noticed the fuel mpgs are down a bit too. Just changed the flywheel, clutch and input shaft and it seems to be a little bit rougher since that work was done, don't know if that has anything to do with it but its always done it, just worse now. My driver has complained once or twice of the motor cutting out for a brief second going down the road but only a couple of times. (this was after i changed the gas pedal so i know that isnt it) Are all these symptoms related or what? Scratching my head...... Any ideas????? By the way, no one knows jack-diddly about a mack in my neck of the woods other than the "stealership" an hour away! Would love to correct the problem myself or using my local guys with some knowledge from any of you.

Sounds like its a V mac.So make sure the sensor on the flywheel is adjusted right band a photo of the side of the pump would help.On that pump there is a tension screw and lock nut for setting the tension on the side of the rack.Its same as a buffer screw.Try screw it in a small amount when running and at the same time mash down on the gas and let it up to check for running better.This screw is to be setting on test bench but with good scents you can do it.

glenn akers

Thanks for the quick reply. You may be hitting on something there. It is the vmac, may be just slightly out of adj. The truck runs fine otherwise. Will definitely try and check that out this weekend. I will keep you posted..... again, Thanks!!

Got both sensors and going to try them first then make some adjustments beyond there if they don't help.... I know you said run the flywheel in all the way the back off one turn... what about the one on the pump, same? Just don't want to mess up anything!

• 3 years later...