Sign in to follow this  
Quickfarms

Sad End to a Pair of R models

Back in April of 2014 I found a pair of running R models in a truck wrecking yard.

post-16549-143525329049_thumb.jpg

post-16549-143525330866_thumb.jpg

post-16549-143525333017_thumb.jpg

The information that they provided me did not make sense so I contacted the mack museum and received the build sheet.

post-16549-143525343492_thumb.jpg

This week I was able to walk the yard and discovered what had happened to the trucks

post-16549-143525351223_thumb.jpg

post-16549-14352535253_thumb.jpg

It looks like they were both scrapped.

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a horrible thing. They looked nice! What a shame. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Sadly you can't really use anything like that in Komifornia with EPA restrictions, so I can see why they just cut them up. Junk yards do it all the time, much to our dismay.

• Like 1

Most of the time the scrap yards can make more money parting them out compared to selling them whole, it is sad.

This thread didn't have a happy ending.

A rust free R………something we can only dream about in the land of salt.

• Like 1

I think it is funny that the two guys commenting about California's emissions restrictions are not from California.

The truth is there are exemptions for low milage and special use trucks. There are also other exemptions.

I did not have a chance to really check these trucks out to see if they were rust free. These trucks were from Nevada and were originally Nevada State Highway plow trucks. At some point in there life they were converted to tankers.

If anyone is looking for parts pm me and I can give you the contact information. They are located in central California about 7 or 8 hours north of me.

ok shoot me but I see an R model with a set of Timken rears and Hendrickson suspensions. they are probably better off cut behind the cab and used as a parts truck for a real R model. least they will still be going somewhere.

I hate to say it but the only thing that appeals to me in the spec sheet is the fact that it has a 237. Other than that it's an Allison trans and Timken rears with a Hendrickson suspension. Like Maddog said, great parts trucks.