wow cool rig,,,thanks for sharing....remember when i was a kid,,,growing up in new jersey,,,,those B,s were everywhere,,,now nothing,,,especially here in the west,,,only time i see them is at truck shows...bob

• Like 1

I always think would I put that much weight behind one of to days diesel pickups after all there in the 350 hp and 850 trq range.

Neat history.

I don't think they would fare too well for very long...they are not intended to run full throttle all the time..is the horsepower rating the same for each?...brake horsepower vs. SAE net HP? I'm not sure it is the same...I should know that and I don't.

That's an impressive piece of wood. My grandpa hauled logs with a b75 here in Montana but nothing big like that. He said they didn't have on board scales back then and loads were measured and paid at the mill by the board foot. Thanks for sharing Paul, I love the old logging pics the most.

P.S. I wonder how much air are in his tires? The trailer tires a bulging a little bit but not bad considering the weight. Did they use heavier tires with thicker sidewals in the days before tag axles?

• Like 1

Neat picture. I wonder how he was able to steer it with the front tires barely touching the ground.

thanks for the replies thought you blokes might like it

That's an impressive piece of wood. My grandpa hauled logs with a b75 here in Montana but nothing big like that. He said they didn't have on board scales back then and loads were measured and paid at the mill by the board foot. Thanks for sharing Paul, I love the old logging pics the most.

P.S. I wonder how much air are in his tires? The trailer tires a bulging a little bit but not bad considering the weight. Did they use heavier tires with thicker sidewals in the days before tag axles?

Mate I dont think people in Australia used heavier wall tyres we just used what tyre we could get most out of for the least amount of money most of us still do the same today

we never had tag axles out here almost all native wood in Australia is very hard hardwood and is that heavy it dosnt float at all so even though quite often our loads of wood might look small the wood is very heavy

A bit more useless information did you know that worlds tallest tree confirmed tree as it was cut down and measured was in Australia and as far as I know is still lying there at least it was 20 years ago

Now come one fellas time for you blokes to wack up some other photo's of B models with big loads on dont be shy now

Paul

Neat picture. I wonder how he was able to steer it with the front tires barely touching the ground.

Like driving a yacht he might tac down the road LOL

Paul

B-43 had a derated END-673 at 150 HP, if my memory is correct.

thats not a lot of poke for such a big load thanks for that Matt

Paul

how cools that I saw one of those trailers on the Cat forum Im trying to think of the brand hang on I'll have a look see

that didnt take long that morning cup of coffee lubricated the gears hope the link thingo works ok

http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.php?22918-Guess-my-Weight!

seeya

Paul

if its ok I'll borrow this pic Paul and stick it on the Cat forum let me no thanks in advance

Edited by mrsmackpaul

Great pictures!!! I wonder how long it took them to get from point a to b lol

Chris

Probably a hand full just to load that Shovel without laying it over .

Wood cribbing off the tail of the trailer and the bucket to stabilize it most likely. Looking at the primary sprocket road speed probably 10 to 15 mph on Cobble stone streets with solid tires. :notworthy: One thing is they didn't know it wasn't able to be done . . . 47.5 short tons on a 28 ton trailer!!!

Solid tyres! Got a sore back just thinking of it.

how cools that I saw one of those trailers on the Cat forum Im trying to think of the brand hang on I'll have a look see

that didnt take long that morning cup of coffee lubricated the gears hope the link thingo works ok

http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.php?22918-Guess-my-Weight!

seeya

Paul

if its ok I'll borrow this pic Paul and stick it on the Cat forum let me no thanks in advance

Have a ball with it!!

some more from Tassie this time from the Reynolds family stable or should I say kennel

Did anyone check out that ACMOC link that old sterling on page 3 is a pretty snazy jigger

seeya

Paul

A 51

post-17290-0-79793800-1434853325_thumb.j

post-17290-0-29411000-1434853355_thumb.j

R 600

post-17290-0-92245500-1434853346_thumb.j

B 43

post-17290-0-44290300-1434853365_thumb.j

NR

post-17290-0-76210500-1434853371_thumb.j

Some great pics there. Doesn't seem like I've seen many old heavy haulers using jeeps. Seems like they hauled whatever they could fit or pull on five axles. Is that dozer one of those that has the winch on the side that is used as a crane?

yep keep them coming everyone road going train Paul I wonder what the go was with that looks like its in a suburban street

Paul

Some great pics there. Doesn't seem like I've seen many old heavy haulers using jeeps. Seems like they hauled whatever they could fit or pull on five axles. Is that dozer one of those that has the winch on the side that is used as a crane?

looks like it is for tractor use like pulling a scraper. there is no boom or counterbalance weights like a cable layer would use, and there are no gimbles for mounting a blade to.