Sign in to follow this  
vision386

SWIFT!

Dave

But you pulled over and let traffic pass.. I presume the Swift driver did NOT!!

Dave

But you pulled over and let traffic pass.. I presume the Swift driver did NOT!!

how did you know? I didn't see you on 35? Lol

I Had the same experience on old US 60 coming East out of Charleston W VA back before 64 was built.. Double Diamond and Dirty W and some others pileing up behind me as I had a nose/top heavy dry bulk trailer.

• Like 1

lol...thats funny shit,,,dont see many of them,,,,on my ventures,,,,like the part abouit dressed like a woman,,,,thats what most of these idiots look like these days.looks like they wear thier wifes clothes...bob..

• Like 1

I am no expert when it comes to driving or backing a semi. The other week I backed into a space at Breezywood and I am sure there were observers laughing at me. That 28' trailer has a mind of its own.

If it were me, if I could not back it in within a few tries (and if there is a line) I would pull out and let the others unload. But then again, I am sure Swiffer wants the driver to unload ASAP and move on to the next destination. It is amazing how easily some steering wheel holders drivers are able to get their CDL and a job with a major trucking company with little or no experience. Most companies want at least two (2) years OTR experience before they will consider you. And I do not consider a lot of drivers as "professionals" based on their attire. That includes other professions, not just trucking. Just my 2-1/2 cents. <_<

saw some black chick get outa a us express truck at our salt lake terminal with PJ bottoms on,,,and i was thinkin are u shitten me???? you reall gonna walk into dispatch that way??? i dont know why these gippo outfits,,dont provide uniforms,,,,come on now (REALLY)...bob

• Like 1

saw some black chick get outa a us express truck at our salt lake terminal with PJ bottoms on,,,and i was thinkin are u shitten me???? you reall gonna walk into dispatch that way??? i dont know why these gippo outfits,,dont provide uniforms,,,,come on now (REALLY)...bob

she was wearing one of there uniforms, dirty sweat pants was probably on back order.....lol

I started out at the Double Diamond until they closed their doors, then Giant Food. Giant made you jockey for 2 years before you hit the street. That guaranteed you could back up!

• Like 1

i had one not to long ago at a truck stop. i wasn't going to be there long but had to make a stop. pull into a truck stop spot a open spot next to a swift back it into the hole first shot no problem (pretty easy spot really) im in my truck getting some paperwork squared away he has the hood open and it pacing around engine running. hot humid day. he is walking over to me as im getting out of my truck to run inside quick. then first he tells me how quick and easy i made it look to get into that spot. then tells me it took him 15 mins to get backed in there. then he tells me that he has something leaking on his truck and doesn't know what to do. so i told him i would take a peek at it quick. walk over there and he points it out and it was just water condensation from the ac running on a humid day.

ended up spending a few mins talking to him. really nice guy just got out of training. but gawd they don't teach them poor souls anything.

just wanted to add ive read all the posts here,,,,and thank you all for your expert oppinions,,,,,and nice to know,,,,its not just me,,,,,but i think i got mark beat,,,,my grandpa started with a team of horses,,,around 1910.lol.bob