SWIFT!

vision386

Great article Paul. I think they hit it right on the head with that one. I like the statistic that 70 million people are on one drug or another.

I thought so for years. Just watch the way people drive and shop, with no intent and no purpose, just lazily drifting through the day in their

pajamas and flip flops, whether its 10 degrees or 110. I have worked with so many other drivers over the years that were pissed off at me,

or jealous because I would get the new truck or new trailer, or the bosses would have me go do something special or complicated even

though I didn't have the seniority, and the reason I got all that stuff was because I have always taken care of my trucks, whether I

owned them or not, but the other guys could never figure it out. They did the absolute bare minimum but expected everything to be

handed to them, and even when they did get the new piece of equipment it would only stay nice for about a month till they lost interest

and then it would look like crap after that. Maybe its just a societal thing, gimme, gimme, gimme, but nobody wants to earn it.

There is a definite lack of pride in America, there's still a lot of great people here but the slugs of the world are taking over.

• Like 1

here in New Jersey we are lucky that the only swift trucks we see are mostly on the turnpike or Rt#80 passing through the state.

our biggest problem is JBHunt. they make the swift drivers look like professionals.

JBHunt hires most of their drivers from smith and solomon driving school.

which as of late has a 1 in 10 pass to fail rate of drivers taking their road test after going through the "training".

but i swear they hire the rejects, not the ones that pass.

it should get very interesting here after the firs tof next month when the new rules for driver testing start.

besided the regular course, you will have to parallel park.

they measure the rig, add 15 feet, and you only get 2 chances to park in the space.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Hmmmm. in thirty years of on again off again driving i cant say i have ever had to or needed to parallel park a truck and trailer, now blind side a trailer around a building or other obstruction was dang near a daily requirement!........Must be a common core test!!!!!

• Like 2

swift is not the only ones who screw up seen one today in the ditch making a turn just south of town. had he not been turning the whole mess would have turned over . the left driver wheels were 3 feet off the ground the angle of the tractor was only thing keeping it upright

Or politicians!!

Sadly teachers do not teach more than the test answers....school aid you know.

My daughter inlaw (the bleeding liberal) was a teacher. She was making just over 95 K a year. She quite teaching, because working 180 days a year, sometimes 8 hours a day in her mind was more work than she was being paid for. The teachers in her school district all had a teachers aide and a teachers assistant to "help" her. She "taught" 3 classes a day @ 46 minutes each and 1 study hall. Works out to a bit over 3 hours of work a day and the balance was free time to do what ever. The Teachers Aide and Teachers Assistants correct the tests and check home work, pass out materials and such. She felt the job was too demanding and that she deserved at least 150K a year for the hours and stress! I don't remember when I last worked only an 8 hour day. I guess most people see work same as she does. Paul

95k?!! That's well over twice what I make in a year!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

lol...thats funny shit,,,dont see many of them,,,,on my ventures,,,,like the part abouit dressed like a woman,,,,thats what most of these idiots look like these days.looks like they wear thier wifes clothes...bob..

Bruce wanted to be Caitlyn, now Caitlyn wants to be a truck driver. It was his- I mean her-first trip to New York,we should give him-I mean her- a break. I'd probably cry if I had to go to New York City in the first place. I'm in Pittsburgh now.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

95k?!! That's well over twice what I make in a year!

She used to be at school at 7am, school started at 7:10. Four classes and a 10 minute home room is 3 hours and 23 minutes of work, 1 1/2 hour lunch break and goof off do important teacher stuff until school is dismissed at 2 p.m.. SIX hour and 50 minute day is 35 hours a week @ 180 days a year counting paid teachers conference days, paid holiday breaks and 7 days of testing. Real time about 160 days a year for that money not counting health, continuing education to get more degrees, accrued sick days and personal days and retirement benefits. Now because the IRS and NYS Tax people didn't consider the job full time but seasonal (like a farm worker) she got a good income tax break, a deduction for the clothes she bought to wear to school and deduction for the purchase of a PC, a lap top and her I-pad to" keep lessons on.". But WAIT, THERE'S MORE!! Property tax credit for home office for doing important teacher stuff. After all she is a member of the elite group of educators know as Academia the Saviors of our Future!

Her son stole 3 of my racing engines and sold them for dope, got arrested, released on bail and attempted to steal a new Mustang from Sayville Ford in the day time. Got 10 years in the County and released in 4 because of over crowding. Now She thinks he just need a buddy to talk to because he's going through a phase.

the TEACHER can't do basic math with out a calculator, writes like they text with all the short crap, misspells half her words in e mails ("thats what spell check is for") and in my opinion could not pour pee from a boot if you put the directions on the boot bottom!

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I had that chat with one of our school board members who happens to have a daughter teaching in our school, any way i asked him for the 1086hrs a year worked by our teachers why they needed a pay raise as he was pushing for. the avg. yearly wage is 42,000 the high end for senior teachers is 90,000+ so with a little quick math i asked him what other jobs pay 38.00 bucks an hour in our county he paused for a moment and said very damn few, then i asked how many people in our county work 6 months a year and make 38.00 bucks an hour and i left him speachless!.....he paused and said i'm going to have to reconsider my position on this issue, i just shook my head and walked away 25.00 bucks an hour in our county is considered a top wage

Bruce wanted to be Caitlyn, now Caitlyn wants to be a truck driver. It was his- I mean her-first trip to New York,we should give him-I mean her- a break. I'd probably cry if I had to go to New York City in the first place. I'm in Pittsburgh now.

Before they give Caitlyn a CDL, they need to review his/her driving record. Specifically that pesky wrongful death lawsuit regarding a rear-end accident last year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had that chat with one of our school board members who happens to have a daughter teaching in our school, any way i asked him for the 1086hrs a year worked by our teachers why they needed a pay raise as he was pushing for. the avg. yearly wage is 42,000 the high end for senior teachers is 90,000+ so with a little quick math i asked him what other jobs pay 38.00 bucks an hour in our county he paused for a moment and said very damn few, then i asked how many people in our county work 6 months a year and make 38.00 bucks an hour and i left him speachless!.....he paused and said i'm going to have to reconsider my position on this issue, i just shook my head and walked away 25.00 bucks an hour in our county is considered a top wage

Public salaries are out of hand. I have a cousin who works for the Town of Oyster Bay, he's got about 18 years in. Drives a street sweeper nothing else! Makes $78000 a year not counting benefits and over time. Sits in the town garage and watches TV when the weather is too wet, to hot or too cold to go out.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE