SWIFT!

vision386

Swift rented a gravel parking lot near the intersection hwy 2 and i15 and the highway is black coming out of that lot because there drivers don't make sure their tires are turning and never do realize it until they blow. I saw one of the swift trucks this past winter with a driver pulling his trailer with smoke rolling off his duals. I flashed my headlights at him and he kept on trucking. The next day by his tire marks I could see he drove nearly a quarter of a mile, found a wide spot, turned around and drug the locked up wheels back to the lot where he started!

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I Had the same experience on old US 60 coming East out of Charleston W VA back before 64 was built.. Double Diamond and Dirty W and some others pileing up behind me as I had a nose/top heavy dry bulk trailer.

• Like 1

Brocky

lol...thats funny shit,,,dont see many of them,,,,on my ventures,,,,like the part abouit dressed like a woman,,,,thats what most of these idiots look like these days.looks like they wear thier wifes clothes...bob..

• Like 1

I am no expert when it comes to driving or backing a semi. The other week I backed into a space at Breezywood and I am sure there were observers laughing at me. That 28' trailer has a mind of its own.

If it were me, if I could not back it in within a few tries (and if there is a line) I would pull out and let the others unload. But then again, I am sure Swiffer wants the driver to unload ASAP and move on to the next destination. It is amazing how easily some steering wheel holders drivers are able to get their CDL and a job with a major trucking company with little or no experience. Most companies want at least two (2) years OTR experience before they will consider you. And I do not consider a lot of drivers as "professionals" based on their attire. That includes other professions, not just trucking. Just my 2-1/2 cents. <_<

saw some black chick get outa a us express truck at our salt lake terminal with PJ bottoms on,,,and i was thinkin are u shitten me???? you reall gonna walk into dispatch that way??? i dont know why these gippo outfits,,dont provide uniforms,,,,come on now (REALLY)...bob

• Like 1

saw some black chick get outa a us express truck at our salt lake terminal with PJ bottoms on,,,and i was thinkin are u shitten me???? you reall gonna walk into dispatch that way??? i dont know why these gippo outfits,,dont provide uniforms,,,,come on now (REALLY)...bob

she was wearing one of there uniforms, dirty sweat pants was probably on back order.....lol

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

lol...thats funny shit,,,dont see many of them,,,,on my ventures,,,,like the part abouit dressed like a woman,,,,thats what most of these idiots look like these days.looks like they wear thier wifes clothes...bob..

I would see Swift drivers fairly often when I was running the yard dog for Fed Ex in Boise Bob. They would bring break bulk loads of Walmart freight from Sparks, Nevada to Boise and I honestly can say I was NEVER impressed with any of them. I think others on this thread touched on why. Not only were their driving, parking, backing skills sub par and they were usually sloppily dressed, but they seemed content in doing the bare minimum. I have a hard time considering people professionals, when they treat their professional life just like there personal life i.e. Always doing the bare minimum whether it's personal grooming, pride or actually wanting to do a good job no matter what job they're at. I understand everybody has to start somewhere, but I also think the difference can be seen when someone WANTS to learn rather than collect a paycheck. I learned to drive working on farms right after high school, I'm sure I screwed up a lot but I was determined to learn to drive a truck. When I turned 21 I got my class A with every endorsement and eventually go hired on at Fed Ex and I jumped at the chance to run the yard dog hooking and unhooking sets and backing trailers up to the dock all the while other trucks and sets and yard dogs were going. It was a huge learning opportunity and now I have the confidence to back anything up anywhere. Even the A train I drive now gets backed up a little ways every now and then ( just until the pup gets to running away on me and I don't have enough room to correct it).

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

i had one not to long ago at a truck stop. i wasn't going to be there long but had to make a stop. pull into a truck stop spot a open spot next to a swift back it into the hole first shot no problem (pretty easy spot really) im in my truck getting some paperwork squared away he has the hood open and it pacing around engine running. hot humid day. he is walking over to me as im getting out of my truck to run inside quick. then first he tells me how quick and easy i made it look to get into that spot. then tells me it took him 15 mins to get backed in there. then he tells me that he has something leaking on his truck and doesn't know what to do. so i told him i would take a peek at it quick. walk over there and he points it out and it was just water condensation from the ac running on a humid day.

ended up spending a few mins talking to him. really nice guy just got out of training. but gawd they don't teach them poor souls anything.

just wanted to add ive read all the posts here,,,,and thank you all for your expert oppinions,,,,,and nice to know,,,,its not just me,,,,,but i think i got mark beat,,,,my grandpa started with a team of horses,,,around 1910.lol.bob

kinda like common core .... just teach to the test! and all will be well!...... dont bother teaching any real world skills........must be like the old saying" those who cant do it themselfs .... teach"

Or politicians!!

Sadly teachers do not teach more than the test answers....school aid you know.

My daughter inlaw (the bleeding liberal) was a teacher. She was making just over 95 K a year. She quite teaching, because working 180 days a year, sometimes 8 hours a day in her mind was more work than she was being paid for. The teachers in her school district all had a teachers aide and a teachers assistant to "help" her. She "taught" 3 classes a day @ 46 minutes each and 1 study hall. Works out to a bit over 3 hours of work a day and the balance was free time to do what ever. The Teachers Aide and Teachers Assistants correct the tests and check home work, pass out materials and such. She felt the job was too demanding and that she deserved at least 150K a year for the hours and stress! I don't remember when I last worked only an 8 hour day. I guess most people see work same as she does. Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE