Been a while.....................

Al,i think you hit the nail on the head!! I consider myself a pretty decent "truckologist" but I was stumped! I looked up some pictures and this was as close as I could come,Marmon cabinover seems to be it? look closely at this one!.................................Mark

post-5836-0-35295300-1432682424_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

My only other guess was gonna be a 7400 White,but all the pictures I found the door handle was in the wrong place on the door,so I ruled it out!.....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I looked up the origins of Quality Carriers Tampa ,Florida and started with Chemical Leaman. There is a Quality Carriers from Bristol, Wisconsin that could have been associated with Matlacl I did not go that far in checking it out. Either way two large tank lines in their original format are no more along with the good paying jobs. Joe D.

• 1 year later...
On 5/25/2015 at 9:08 PM, Maddog13407 said:

i see those Matlack R's have air starter tanks and no battery box on the pass side. don't think I ever saw an R with only one battery box . kinda a shame to see all those big Mack fleets gone and replaced with plain white and blue trucks

Matlack Macks had two battery boxes mounted behind cab, the air tank you see on passenger side is for unloading tankers

I too would  like to see the finished LM,rugged beast! Love the yellow a'car,always loved the old a' cars.passport transport had a few decked out older a' car conv.tractors with modern power,possibly glider kits.on the subject of really heavy equipment,there was a Bucyrus Erie power shovel visable above the trees off I 80 as you crossed from oh. Into pa. Was at a defunct strip mine.saw it for years into the90s I think.is it. Still there? I believe it had the largest bucket in the world at one time,50yds.There was a photo of it with a tandem dump in the bucket! One of those deals where they had to haul the individual components to the site and bolt/weld them together.