Our new Rescue/Pumper under construction

1958 F.W.D.

Late question- is the front suspension independent??? In any case, very nice looking piece and it soiunds like you guys put a lot of effort into its functionality..RotoRay excluded!

No. We had a very tight budget to stick with, and the cost-benefit analysis of IFS lost out to a standard leaf-spring suspension which is a 20,000lb Meritor MFS-20.

Our 2007 Spartan-Toyne Pumper has IFS and no one (other than several of us in the company that are used to running big trucks) do NOT like it at all. Not in the least. And they out-number us "truck drivers." Therefore I suspect that even if we had the bucks to get IFS, it still would have been shot down.

And yes, I wanted dual MARS 888's on the corners of the cab. But again I was only one vote on the committee.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

No. We had a very tight budget to stick with, and the cost-benefit analysis of IFS lost out to a standard leaf-spring suspension which is a 20,000lb Meritor MFS-20.

Our 2007 Spartan-Toyne Pumper has IFS and no one (other than several of us in the company that are used to running big trucks) do NOT like it at all. Not in the least. And they out-number us "truck drivers." Therefore I suspect that even if we had the bucks to get IFS, it still would have been shot down.

And yes, I wanted dual MARS 888's on the corners of the cab. But again I was only one vote on the committee.

With a fair amount of fire truck front endfailures in the news, I would say wise choice!

With a fair amount of fire truck front endfailures in the news, I would say wise choice!

The Spartan system (which is what we have) is extremely reliable. As I'm sure you know, Spartan builds thousands of chassis a year, not just for the fire service- their big ticket item is motor home chassis- where IFS is desirable.

The fire truck front end failures you speak of are probably the ones being experienced by Pierce Manufacturing, Appleton Wisconsin- given a lot of publicity as they have a HUGE share of the fire apparatus market- one of the "Big Three" of the fire service.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS