Installing AC into an RD

• 2 weeks later...

im also installing A/c on my superliner using a compressor bracket from an RD that i modified to work on the left side of a NTC Cummins for the York compressor,a condensor from a 379 Pete shortened 6 inches to clear the crossbar on the hood,some butcher removed everything except the inside unit under the dash and cut the hoses,

It does take a lot of work to do it right.

My system, not on a mack, is a mixture of parts to minimize the known problems.

My advice is to use a new condenser and evaporator and keep them clean. Use a new compressor. The air dryer should me replaced any time the system is open to the atmosphere.

One often overlooked part is the expansion valve, or office tube, make sure it is new and or clean.

The hoses are also very important. Over the years I have had a lot of problems with crimps leaking.

I also hate those snap lock connections, I think that is the correct name.

It is so much less fatiguing to drive around in a cool can than sweat in a hot one.

i watched a youtube vid where they made a cheap air conditioner out of a small cooler,cut a hole in the top of the lid and put a fan on it blowing in one side,on the other side of lid they put a pvc 90 degree elbow blowing air out and filled it with ice,simple and effective way to make cold air