solve an arguement

i came up with 115.8 mph

2150 rpm

using .73:1 transmision ratio

2.93 rear end ratio

and 19.2 as the loaded tire radius witch is what i came up with on a online search for 11r22.5's

used this online cacluator found threw a quick internet search

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_speed_rpm.htm

think this one is right i don`t know exactly what my over ratio is but i gave up at 1950-60

the ratio more then likely a direct or not a long legged od. Had an old swift truck I drove the boss took the lopro 22's off and put tall 24.5's the 13 wasn't direct but was an .86 od. to long a leg for it's own good. 90 bobtail flat out. Not due to reaching the top gear it didn't have enough ass to get past that

that tall of gearing you probley run out of motor before you do rpm's in the high hole and you will run out of clutch and drive shafts trying to get a load moving out of a field road

true on all counts must be very careful where you go with this thing 440 cat will wring a shaft in a heartbeat especialy backing up a grade cc

My B model has enough gear for 85 mph. Only way it will get there is off a cliff :tease:

I have had it near 80 bobtail once.......on a few miles of level ground. Any kind of grade and it slows it right back down.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have turned this thing loose only once` one night in nevada I decided to see where it would go so on one long straight run with a little downgrade to it I ran the 90 mph,speedo.out of numbers and to a straight down position where it stuck` had to replace the speedo head when I got to vegas . from all the answers i have gotten here I think the( doubting thomas) is convinced that it will get into triple digits thanks for all the comments guys.

I have turned this thing loose only once` one night in nevada I decided to see where it would go so on one long straight run with a little downgrade to it I ran the 90 mph,speedo.out of numbers and to a straight down position where it stuck` had to replace the speedo head when I got to vegas . from all the answers i have gotten here I think the( doubting thomas) is convinced that it will get into triple digits thanks for all the comments guys.