E9 antifreeze in pan

ws721

My E9 has always put some antifreeze in the oil pan. Drain out about 20 ounces in the spring and were good the rest of season. Truck sits all wintah. This spring I took out around 40 ounces or 4 small water bottles of antifreeze. I know it isn't good or going to heal its self. But would anybody have a guess as to whats causing this? Engine has 227,000 miles. Doesn't build pressure in radiator. It will hold pressure if I pump up in the radiator. Could be air compressor? Oil cooler? O rings around the sleeves? Head gasket? Just trying to narrow down my options

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

Pull the pan and pressure test the cooling system. That's the only way to find it. If it's never been touched the o rings on the sleeves could be dried out. I had an electrolysis problem with one of my E9s and all the sleeves on one bank got pitted and one leaked antifreeze but it never went in the oil I found it on the blow by tube. On mine so if the rings are still tight in yours I'd bet money it's an o ring rather than head gasket. Could be your oil cooler but usually they put oil in the rad. But you won't know till you pressure test it.

Just got through rebuilding my oil cooler. Did the same thing. Pulled oil pan and pressure checked. No coolant. Next place to look is the oil cooler. Big o ring was dried out. If your getting coolant in the pan during climate changes most likely an o ring somewhere.