Front Axle Upgrade On 88 Rw613?

linrick1

a mack faw5371, 12k front axle and a faw14.3, 14.3k front axle are the same except mack will shotpeen the axle to get the rating up to 14.3. kingpins, steering box, spindles, should swap over. brakes are still 15x4 or 16.5x5. basically the only difference is the spring rating of the front springs. from the factory 16.5x5 brakes are standard equipment.

a mack faw5371, 12k front axle and a faw14.3, 14.3k front axle are the same except mack will shotpeen the axle to get the rating up to 14.3. kingpins, steering box, spindles,  should swap over. brakes are still 15x4 or 16.5x5. basically the only difference is the spring rating of the front springs. from the factory 16.5x5 brakes are standard equipment.

Hi Rick, Thanks for helping me out with this, just to clarify can I use the same steering box, pittman arm, drag link, spring hangers, shock mounts and shocks? I guess what I'm asking is can I just get a 14-6 FA and springs and bolt it right up? Thanks again, Rick