Bob Eckstein's "Phantom 309",revisited!

This is just a guess,but I looked over this truck top to bottom when I saw it and the headliner upholstery was cut/made to fit around the Kysor "Red-Dot" rooftop A/C control box,when the truck was re-cabbed the original upholstery was installed in the new cab,so it stands to reason that would be why the rooftop A/C was re-installed? Mind you this is just a guess on my part,but makes sense to me. May have been the Kysor worked better then the factory A/C too,we put the same unit in our R-Model and it would give you an ear-ache on "High".............................................Mark

Another possibility would depend on whether or not the aftermarket sleepers had their own a/c units back then. If not, the factory a/c may not been powerful enough to sufficiently cool the bunk. The Kysor on the other hand could have a duct running to the sleeper, plus it had the advantage of being mounted on the ceiling so the cool air is going to fall naturally, needing less help from the fan.

Jim,are you sure we are not "Brothers From Another Mother"? Lol!...............................................Mark

That might explain why we often times think alike, but you're so much better looking. :D

Jim

You're right Al ! I never knew there were so many like minded people in this world! I never in a million years envisioned their were other people that loved trucks as much as I do Lol!..................................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 8 months later...